packersplanet.com Forum Index -> Pub Talk- MOSTLY UNCENSORED -> Wasn't some clown popping off?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Dirty Sanchez
Formerly Known as Julie's Fuck Stick

Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:50 am
FavreisGOD wrote:
Army Packerbacker wrote:
I actually took the time to watch a Brewers game last night. First time all season I set out to actually watch them play.

Four errors? Really? And a deep ball that Hart could have caught that he let doink off the top of his glove?

Good lord, how did they win their division this year?

They didn't play like that very much during the regular season but they did shit like that enough that it made me think "If they pull that crap in the playoffs they're not going to make it very far." Just didn't expect it to rear it's head during Game 5 of the NLCS. Another winnable game lost.

Great news though. Marcum is pitching Game 6!
Great as long as Marcum has his head in the game. They rocked him in game 2.

Marano 20
Egotistical Assclown

Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:48 am
Destroyed. 43 runs scored by the Cardinals vs the Brewers. 19 on the Phillies. The Phillies pitching reallllly sucked

Rolling Eyes

BradyPopped-Inga
1st Ballot Hall of Famer

Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:11 am
Marano 20 wrote:
Destroyed. 43 runs scored by the Cardinals vs the Brewers. 19 on the Phillies. The Phillies pitching reallllly sucked

Rolling Eyes

How 'bout---both the Brewers and Phillies sucked at crunch time? Neither team was worthy of the WS this year. There, that should make everybody happy.

Meanwhile, the Cardinals were ten games down in August and left for dead, but thanks to an epic fail by the Braves they got in the dance on the last day.

The Rangers are the Packers of MLB---absolutely devastating offense, enough pitching/defense, good leadership. No Yankees. No Red Sux. No Phillies---the network media boys can't be happy about this. But, it's a better scenario than a Brewers/Tigers WS. Snore

Marano 20
Egotistical Assclown

Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:10 am
BradyPopped-Inga wrote:
Marano 20 wrote:

Rolling Eyes

How 'bout---both the Brewers and Phillies sucked at crunch time? Neither team was worthy of the WS this year. There, that should make everybody happy.

Meanwhile, the Cardinals were ten games down in August and left for dead, but thanks to an epic fail by the Braves they got in the dance on the last day.

The Rangers are the Packers of MLB---absolutely devastating offense, enough pitching/defense, good leadership. No Yankees. No Red Sux. No Phillies---the network media boys can't be happy about this. But, it's a better scenario than a Brewers/Tigers WS. Snore

Or I was right saying the hottest team entering the post-season wins. Every year thus far. The best team doesn't win, the hottest team does.

Packers, Bruins, SF Giants, NY Giants, Cardinals, Mavericks, blah blah blah

FAN
Formerly Known as Fan59

Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:44 pm
Marano 20 wrote:
BradyPopped-Inga wrote:
Marano 20 wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Or I was right saying the hottest team entering the post-season wins. Every year thus far. The best team doesn't win, the hottest team does.

we will concede to you saying that, no blem, but you see. most of us here already where hip to that like eons ago.

there have been teams that have dominated from start to finish though in a season, or others that fell a bit mid season, only to come back on at the end.

now in the modern game and long season it seems best to pace yourself, in fact MaCarthy even said he brakes the season up into 4 game segments, taking complete evaluation of the team and his coaching philosophy's after each four game stretch and making adjustments.

I think that speak to how critical he believes building towards the end of the season and the playoffs are, I'am sure he has performance goals from players set by the end of PS, and there improvements allow him to change and improve game plans as the season progresses.

Teams get hot as a result also of playing together for a long stretch, players become more familiar with each other, know how to cover for each others weakness, probably more so in football, and specially on defense or the oline.

Marano 20
Egotistical Assclown

Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:10 pm
Don't bring football talk into a baseball thread. Asshole

BradyPopped-Inga
1st Ballot Hall of Famer

Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:44 pm
Marano 20 wrote:
BradyPopped-Inga wrote:
Marano 20 wrote:

Rolling Eyes

That's what your excuses sound like---blaaaahhh. Or more llike a goat going baaahhhh. First you brag all year about how unbeatable the Phillies are and they are the best pitching staff in history and then you invent the "hot team" excuse. All those expensive, overrated Phillie "hitters" couldn't hit water if they fell out of a boat v. the Cards.

Now, on the "hot team" issue---there just as many (if not more) teams who were great all year and still didn't choke in the playoffs...starting with your Phillies a few years ago.
-The 2011 Stanley Cup champion Bruins.
-The 2010 Chicago Blackhawks, who beat the "hot" Gayers from Philly.
-Any of the 5 years the Red Wings won the Cup since the mid-'90's.
-The 2009 Yankees and Saints.
-The Lakers and Celtics championships

Dirty Sanchez
Formerly Known as Julie's Fuck Stick

Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:39 pm
Marano 20 wrote:
Don't bring football talk into a baseball thread. Asshole
At least he didn't bring Faver into the thread.

Marano 20
Egotistical Assclown

Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:49 pm
Army Packerbacker wrote:
Marano 20 wrote:
Brewers: 6-5
Phillies: 8-3

This is where you amuse me. Every pitcher has had 2 starts, besides Halladay who has 3. What that means you ask? Well, one bad outing inflates your ERA to a unrealistic number. For instance, Cliff Lee has a 7.84 ERA, Joe Blanton has a 10.45. Cole Hamels had a horrible 1st start, followed by a stellar 2nd start, and his ERA is a 5.59. Now, if you honestly believe those ERA's will remain the way they are, i'd say youve taken too many dicks to the face in the army. I'm willing to bet my forum eligibility that the Phillies will be Top 3 in league ERA by the end of the year. If not, I will leave the site forever. If they do, you leave the site.

Cole Hamels had an ERA of 20.25 after the first game. He's at 5.59 now. The magic of 2 starts.

The Phillies are batting an MLB best .318 collectively, Brewers are 17th

Source: Common Sense.

Two starts (three for your boyfriend) against inferior teams and that's the best they can do? Golly. Forgive me if I don't splooge on myself.

I could make the same arguments for every teams starters. Blah, blah, blah. The difference, then, is that your boys have been significantly less consistent than half the league. And that's got you creaming your under-roos?

Tell you what, you've got me intrigued. If the Phillies staff is half as good as you've been promoting them to be, then they should have no problem finishing at the top of the league in ERA. The very top. Not top three - top one. That's my wager. After all, according to you they're one of the best all time.

I wouldn't want you to go away, though. You're too easy a target and you can be modestly entertaining at times, too. How about the loser buys the winner a jersey of choice. And I don't want a friggin' baseball jersey. Packer jersey for me, son.

I don't expect you to buy off the NFL site for $300, a cheap knockoff will suffice. You win, I'll buy you a knockoff jersey comparable to this for your man fetish, Halladay.

http://www.jersey-fanatics.com.....-2252.html

The bet is that the Phillies staff has the top team ERA at the end of the season. If they're half as good as you've been promoting them, that should be easy.

Man up, Sally.

Hi.

Phillies ERA: 3.02 (1st in MLB)

next closest...SF Giants at 3.20

Bye.

Marano 20
Egotistical Assclown

Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:01 pm
I fucking hate Papelbon.

Carl Gerbschmidt
Formerly Known As MNPackfan

Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:53 pm
Take the Oswald pic down he is gone

Marano 20
Egotistical Assclown

Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:33 am
Carl Gerbschmidt wrote:
Take the Oswald pic down he is gone

How bout you suck my balls Sandusky.

Carl Gerbschmidt
Formerly Known As MNPackfan

Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:08 am
I know you are hurt about the whole Sandusky thing, it just reminds you of what your dance coach did to you, but no I am hetro and would never suck some ones balls, or even worse ask another man to suck my balls. You need some help.

BradyPopped-Inga
1st Ballot Hall of Famer

Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:05 am

Link

Marano 20
Egotistical Assclown

Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:07 pm
Carl Gerbschmidt wrote:
I know you are hurt about the whole Sandusky thing, it just reminds you of what your dance coach did to you, but no I am hetro and would never suck some ones balls, or even worse ask another man to suck my balls. You need some help.

Yea right. I don't see many difference between The Second Mile and you being a boy scout leader and taking little boys into the forest to go camping.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Jump to: