packersplanet.com Forum Index -> Packers Talk- MOSTLY UNCENSORED -> A win is a win, but damn

Post A win is a win, but damn
Carl Gerbschmidt
Formerly Known As MNPackfan

Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:33 am
Yep the Pack won but the victory was not as comforting to me as usual. Good God Missing sucks, not just the missed field goal, or the idea to have the punter throw the ball down field 25 yards on a fake because the coaching staff didn't trust him on a pressure kick. He is not getting the ball deep into the end zone on kick offs either. Missing flat out sucks, I would say get a new kicker but I will hate that one as well.

The vikings are going to destroy this team and I am going to be on the ledge.

Dirty Sanchez
Formerly Known as Julie's Fuck Stick

Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:36 am
Did you shoot a deer and kick it to death?

BradyPopped-Inga
1st Ballot Hall of Famer

Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:05 am
Just for laughs let's have Masthay kick for a game and Crosby run the
'fake' punts from the shotgun.

Bus Cook
Fucktard Hall of Famer
Fucktard Hall of Famer

Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:21 am
I didn't see the game as I joined the downtown festivities at the Lions win and then the Tiger loss. The two stadiums are separated by a street. The downtown vibe was incredible. Never saw anything like it in Chicago even. I did get many updates and they didn't sound good. Winning ugly is still winning. Ask the Giants. Both of them.

BradyPopped-Inga
1st Ballot Hall of Famer

Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:45 am
Bus Cook wrote:
I didn't see the game as I joined the downtown festivities at the Lions win and then the Tiger loss. The two stadiums are separated by a street. The downtown vibe was incredible. Never saw anything like it in Chicago even. I did get many updates and they didn't sound good. Winning ugly is still winning. Ask the Giants. Both of them.

Great effort by the Tigers, Bus since Faver in 2010.

PackFanNChiTown
1st Ballot Hall of Famer

Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:08 am
This team with most starters butchered the undefeated Texans. This team minus key starters handled the Rams and controlled the entire game, (albeit ugly), against the Jags.

Could you tell Rodgers was missing Jennings and Nelson? It was pretty obvious to me.

So this week they practice with Driver and Boynkin as well as Jones and Cobb and formulate some QB/WR trust for the game against the Cards. Unless he's 100% I expect Nelson to sit out another game.

Add to that the rookies on the D and the other people playing out of position and I understand why we struggled, (yes the fake punt was just dumb).

If the team that played Houston gets back on the field after the bye we're going to be very tough to beat and will challenge all opponents. The Giants game will be our toughest to be certain but I'm still optimistic.

Carl Gerbschmidt
Formerly Known As MNPackfan

Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:45 pm
Had 14 fucking does and fawns in the food plot, not 1 buck much less one worth shooting. It's pre rut and I got a picture of a nice buck about 2 am. My guess is he will show up tonight right before dark. Funny thing is the god damn emailed pic from the cam pinged on my phone, I was laying there awake looking a picture of a deer eating clover and I was 1000 yards away in bed pissed because he didn't show up when I could kill him.

wuollebear
Pro Bowler- Reserve

Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:56 pm
This is clearly a different team than we seen last year, especially on the offense. Without Jordy and Jennings, AR seems lost. We need to get Finley the fuck out of town, I am sick of him acting like a lunatic when he makes a catch for a first down. The defense is going in the right direction, I love most of the young guys except Worthy, does he even suit up? I dont see an easy win coming up sunday, the Cards have a great front 7 on defense. I know Skelton doesn't scare anybody, but neither does our defensive backs. I for one am looking forward to the bye week so I can ease up on the booze for sunday, this is nuts.

Marano 20
Egotistical Assclown

Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:58 pm
wuollebear wrote:
This is clearly a different team than we seen last year, especially on the offense. Without Jordy and Jennings, AR seems lost. We need to get Finley the fuck out of town, I am sick of him acting like a lunatic when he makes a catch for a first down. The defense is going in the right direction, I love most of the young guys except Worthy, does he even suit up? I dont see an easy win coming up sunday, the Cards have a great front 7 on defense. I know Skelton doesn't scare anybody, but neither does our defensive backs. I for one am looking forward to the bye week so I can ease up on the booze for sunday, this is nuts.

I agree with everything other than your assessment of Worthy. Before he had his concussion i've been impressed with him. He was a key player in that Houston game and is always fired up. I have a feeling he's going to turn into a good player.

Post Jennings
packnut
2-Time Pro Bowler

Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:34 am
The offense is missing Jennings more than anyone wants to admit. He runs that seam rt, better than anyone. Without him, we do not attack the middle of the field. If you notice, a lot of the deep sideline rts the opponent's safety is there giving help because Jennings is not there to keep them away.

On defense, for what ever the reason, press coverage is no more. Capers is playing a lot of zone now and our guys just suck at it. Can't remember the last time I saw our db's jam someone at the line.

We just need to win Sunday and get into the bye. Perhaps that will give MM and Capers time to re-adjust. This years is no different from the past, whoever gets hot at the end will win it.

Post Re: Jennings
Dirty Sanchez

Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:10 am
packnut wrote:
The offense is missing Jennings more than anyone wants to admit. He runs that seam rt, better than anyone. Without him, we do not attack the middle of the field. If you notice, a lot of the deep sideline rts the opponent's safety is there giving help because Jennings is not there to keep them away.

On defense, for what ever the reason, press coverage is no more. Capers is playing a lot of zone now and our guys just suck at it. Can't remember the last time I saw our db's jam someone at the line.

We just need to win Sunday and get into the bye. Perhaps that will give MM and Capers time to re-adjust. This years is no different from the past, whoever gets hot at the end will win it.
But he wasn't exactly doing well when Jennings was on the field either. It looked like he was getting better with the great games he had against Houston and the Rams, but then he laid an egg last week. I think his girlfriend gave him the clap. That shit would be very hard to play through.

BradyPopped-Inga
1st Ballot Hall of Famer

Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:12 am
packnut wrote:

Capers doesn't adjust. I think the new blood in the secondary will continue to improve with experience and the defense is improving. Lots of sacks, improvement from Walden and Jones is doing all right in the middle.

Dirty Sanchez

Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:30 am
BradyPopped-Inga wrote:
packnut wrote:

Capers doesn't adjust. I think the new blood in the secondary will continue to improve with experience and the defense is improving. Lots of sacks, improvement from Walden and Jones is doing all right in the middle.
I cringe when I see the 3 man front with soft zone coverage on 3rd and long. It almost always results in disaster. And until the backfield can learn to communicate, the zone will result in a lot of first downs and blown coverages for long gains.

Jump to: