packersplanet.com Forum Index -> Packers Talk- MOSTLY UNCENSORED -> Donald Driver speaks

Post Donald Driver speaks
Lord Football
Referee

Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:11 pm
http://www.greenbaypressgazett.....ck_check=1

Totally classless question at the end "Itís fairly obvious this is your last year here, though, right?"

You really can't count out DD. An injury to any WR and Driver is back to 15+ plays on the field per game. Driver still has it and could do big things

Quote:
If you read this morningís story on the reduced role for Donald Driver -- http://pck.rs/RLS2V7 -- you know that the Packersí all-time leading receiver is ďfrustratedĒ by it but has no plans to raise a stink.

Hereís more from my interview with Driver, which took place Friday in the locker room.

Q: Have you lost a step or two?
Driver: ďIf you look at what I did in training camp, everyone would tell you that I havenít lost a step, and I havenít lost anything since. I mean training camp was just six weeks ago.Ē

Q: The coaches have said youíve taken rookie Jarrett Boykin under your wing. Why?
Driver: ďThatís not hard to do at all. Someone took me under their wing. Free (Antonio Freeman) and Robert Brooks and those guys took me under their wing. Iíve never worried about anyone coming in and taking my spot. Thatís never been an issue. They always try to find somebody to replace you, and for me, I think thatís the case: Theyíre trying to find the next person to replace me. The only that these guys can replace you is by letting you play. I canít do anything but sit back now and say thatís fine.Ē

Q: Not playing has to be a blow to your pride, doesnít it?
Driver: ďYeah, I would never sit up here and go, ĎOh man I should be playing, this is how it should be.í As long as we win games, Iím fine. The thing is, I think everyone, every media person, is probably wondering the same thing Iím wondering. But itís one of those things, itís not that you canít play. Itís not that. When Jerry Rice left San Francisco, they probably said I donít know if he can still play. Then he goes to Oakland and has a Pro Bowl year. It happens.Ē

Q: Are you considering going to another team next year?
Driver: ďYou know, I donít know. I guess for me Iím going to let this season play out.Ē

Q: Itís fairly obvious this is your last year here, though, right?
Driver: ďI guess. If you look at that way, I guess. That probably would be it. Iím not 100 percent sure. No one has come to me and said anything. Iíve always said I want to play as long as I can, but Iíve also said I donít want to play anyplace else. Itís going to be a hard call when the time comes, and Iím hoping that I can take the right decision. Iíll have to sit down with my family and make the right decision. My wife, I know in her heart, she doesnít want to leave.Ē

BradyPopped-Inga
1st Ballot Hall of Famer

Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:20 pm
The whole thing sounds overly aggressive and classless. Asshole reporter. It doesn't take much finesse and smarts to ask the same thing with more subtlety and compassion for the player. Blow to his ego---of course but why rub it in? He may have a future reporting politics.

Dirty Sanchez
Formerly Known as Julie's Fuck Stick

Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:40 pm
I hope he plays next week and gets 7 catches just to show he can still do it. Driver's better days may be behind him, but it's more a matter of the emergence of Cobb than his ability that has put him on the sideline. And maybe he's being paid to stick around another year to teach Boykin the ropes so he can take over next year. Driver is a class act and I can see him doing just that.

The reporter can go suck a dick. For everything Driver has done for this team over the years and what he went through growing up to achieve success as a player and a person, he does not deserve to be called out by some two bit hack of a reporter. Fuck him.

FAN
Formerly Known as Fan59

Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:18 am
Dirty Sanchez wrote:
I hope he plays next week and gets 7 catches just to show he can still do it. Driver's better days may be behind him, but it's more a matter of the emergence of Cobb than his ability that has put him on the sideline. And maybe he's being paid to stick around another year to teach Boykin the ropes so he can take over next year. Driver is a class act and I can see him doing just that.

The reporter can go suck a dick. For everything Driver has done for this team over the years and what he went through growing up to achieve success as a player and a person, he does not deserve to be called out by some two bit hack of a reporter. Fuck him.

this is Demovsky, but is typical of PG reporters, as we know they can be a classless bunch of hacks.

DD is near the end, at least here, we have to many younger quicker weapons at receiver, and thats the only reason DD is not seeing playing time, he could play a bigger roll elsewhere, I think he will just retire, and he will be adored bt Packer Fans for many years to come, know matter what he decides to do.

BradyPopped-Inga
1st Ballot Hall of Famer

Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:25 am
FAN wrote:
Dirty Sanchez wrote:

this is Demovsky, but is typical of PG reporters, as we know they can be a classless bunch of hacks.

DD is near the end, at least here, we have to many younger quicker weapons at receiver, and thats the only reason DD is not seeing playing time, he could play a bigger roll elsewhere, I think he will just retire, and he will be adored bt Packer Fans for many years to come, know matter what he decides to do.

Robert Demovsky, that nationally known legend among jock-sniffing sports writers.

Bus Cook
Fucktard Hall of Famer
Fucktard Hall of Famer

Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:20 pm
Dropping catches and not making plays doesn't help. But it will be sad to see the last real part of the prior regime go.

Dirty Sanchez

Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:46 pm
Bus Cook wrote:
Dropping catches and not making plays doesn't help. But it will be sad to see the last real part of the prior regime go.
I think he's caught everything thrown to him this year.

Pippen
Eurotrash Neo-Nazi
Eurotrash Neo-Nazi

Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:58 pm
I think the questions were legitimate. These people make millions, they have no right to be "pussied". But I wonder:

1. Didn't DD say himself after his extended contract that he just wanted to play one more year? Now, he's talking about playing more maybe and that is consistent with what he said over the years...that is that he wants to play till 40 like J. Rice.

2. If DD didn't lose a step - and I believe him - it must mean that TT/MM just go with the younger bunch to get them into groove for the upcoming years. That means DD is gone. I dunno. If DD wants to play till 40 and he's still in shape then why not keep him and use the opportunity to draft other positions?

Dirty Sanchez

Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:33 pm
Pippen wrote:
I think the questions were legitimate. These people make millions, they have no right to be "pussied". But I wonder:

1. Didn't DD say himself after his extended contract that he just wanted to play one more year? Now, he's talking about playing more maybe and that is consistent with what he said over the years...that is that he wants to play till 40 like J. Rice.

2. If DD didn't lose a step - and I believe him - it must mean that TT/MM just go with the younger bunch to get them into groove for the upcoming years. That means DD is gone. I dunno. If DD wants to play till 40 and he's still in shape then why not keep him and use the opportunity to draft other positions?
I doubt he plays another year. He's made enough money and has won Dancing with the Fucking Stars. He has nothing more to prove.

I think he was signed this year to take the younger guys under his wing and give them the opportunity to be as successful as he has been.

Carl Gerbschmidt
Formerly Known As MNPackfan

Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:58 am
I don't think anyone should be shocked that DD is declining, he would get the ball if he was open. That being said the guy has been in the league a long time football players do not get faster as they age. Pride is fucking with DD, it's over he had a nice run.

Jump to: