Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
BradyPopped-Inga
1st Ballot Hall of Famer

Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:05 am
FAN wrote:
Marano 20 wrote:
Our pass protection looked fine.

...OH WAIT I FORGOT WE'RE A RUNNING TEAM

The Rams are a top 10 defense and we played them at home where they were previously undefeated.

How can you possibly complain about anything right now. Our run game looks awful? Who gives a fuck. Our run game looked good the first couple of weeks and Aaron Rodgers looked miserable. Which would you rather have? A good run game and 2-3 or an awesome pass game and 4-3.

oh, so according to you we must except the trade off, either we run well and the pass sucks or we pass well and the run sucks, and thats exceptable, and dont for a minute think we wont see stiff run defenses again this year.

go and watch the piss poor blocking and then tell me thats exceptable, watch as they dont finish blocks, dont get to the second level, have to hold because they got beat.

why complain when we win, I got that, but the thread title was about Alex Green and the run game Sunday, if ya want a suger coating, then your in the wrong thread, like I said this line has looked inconsistant at run blocking since Campen has been the oline coach, and plenty of time his players look un motivated and poor at pass pro as well, and he's been the oline coach for 5 years, how long should we be excepting mediocrity in this matter? we need better oline coaching.

like I said just look how well that make shift oline for the Rams played, I rest my case.

excepting mediocrity has never produced winning results Mareno, never, in fact excepting mediocrity is a formula for lossing, and your right, the pass is our bread and butter, and just running even if un successful will produce a desired affect, but that hardly means we should be content with that, the object is always to improve at or on your weak links, and this oline has been a weak link for to long.

I will admit though that the Rams front 7 is one of the tougher we have faced this year, but I'am tired of those excuses as well, and we'll face that type defensive front going forward this season, we need to do a better job.

I tend to look at who won the game and pretty decisively, too. Do you run 35 times into the strength of the opposition's defense or 25-times and win with your unstoppable passing attack? Wink

Carl Gerbschmidt
Formerly Known As MNPackfan

Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:45 am
Ah just thought I would bring something up before you all get too busy sucking each others dick about how rosey things are with the Packers. They are 4-3 almost half way thru, on pace to be either 9-7 or 10-6. I am pretty certain the only thing the Packers are doing well is passing the ball. The defense is little improved, and the team is not consistant week to week. Seems to me not 1 fucking thing was learned from last seasons epic failure. Banana

BradyPopped-Inga
1st Ballot Hall of Famer

Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:31 am
Carl Gerbschmidt wrote:
Ah just thought I would bring something up before you all get too busy sucking each others dick about how rosey things are with the Packers. They are 4-3 almost half way thru, on pace to be either 9-7 or 10-6. I am pretty certain the only thing the Packers are doing well is passing the ball. The defense is little improved, and the team is not consistant week to week. Seems to me not 1 fucking thing was learned from last seasons epic failure. Banana

What the hell are you talking about? Wink

We learned our defense sucked last year so the brain trust added a bunch of rookies and things are looking better. We learned Finley is still a mouthy idiot who can't catch a cold. We learned Cobb is the real deal as we suspected and is getting incorporated into the offense more each week.

We already knew Mason spit the bit in 40+ yard pressure situations but is still a plus kicker.

Carl Gerbschmidt

Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:12 am
What the fuck is a plus kicker?

Marano 20
Egotistical Assclown

Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:07 pm
FAN wrote:
Marano 20 wrote:
Our pass protection looked fine.

...OH WAIT I FORGOT WE'RE A RUNNING TEAM

The Rams are a top 10 defense and we played them at home where they were previously undefeated.

How can you possibly complain about anything right now. Our run game looks awful? Who gives a fuck. Our run game looked good the first couple of weeks and Aaron Rodgers looked miserable. Which would you rather have? A good run game and 2-3 or an awesome pass game and 4-3.

oh, so according to you we must except the trade off, either we run well and the pass sucks or we pass well and the run sucks, and thats exceptable, and dont for a minute think we wont see stiff run defenses again this year.

go and watch the piss poor blocking and then tell me thats exceptable, watch as they dont finish blocks, dont get to the second level, have to hold because they got beat.

why complain when we win, I got that, but the thread title was about Alex Green and the run game Sunday, if ya want a suger coating, then your in the wrong thread, like I said this line has looked inconsistant at run blocking since Campen has been the oline coach, and plenty of time his players look un motivated and poor at pass pro as well, and he's been the oline coach for 5 years, how long should we be excepting mediocrity in this matter? we need better oline coaching.

like I said just look how well that make shift oline for the Rams played, I rest my case.

excepting mediocrity has never produced winning results Mareno, never, in fact excepting mediocrity is a formula for lossing, and your right, the pass is our bread and butter, and just running even if un successful will produce a desired affect, but that hardly means we should be content with that, the object is always to improve at or on your weak links, and this oline has been a weak link for to long.

I will admit though that the Rams front 7 is one of the tougher we have faced this year, but I'am tired of those excuses as well, and we'll face that type defensive front going forward this season, we need to do a better job.

First off, *accepting*, fuck that was annoying to read.

Have you ever thought that our offensive lineman play to the strength of..i dont know..our team? We have an MVP QB. We have pass-blocking lineman. Our center is undersized and our entire line "excels", if you may, in pass protection. You theory is we should shoot for more balance because we want to take the ball out of Aaron Rodgers hands and put it in Alex Greens? You honestly think that's a more effective way of driving the field? We have 4 receivers that are a constant mismatch. I don't care if Alex Green averages 1 yard a carry.

It honestly makes me laugh that people think we should have a top10 running attack AND a top 10 passing attack.

I'm not accepting mediocre by any stretch of the imagination. I'm accepting the greatness of our offense resulting from the football in our MVP QBs hands more often than not.

I get what you're saying. You expect our RB to at least get 4 yards a carry. I'm sorry to break news to you though, defensive players get paid multi-millions as well. The Rams have 3 1st round draft picks on that oline and an emerging star in Laurenitis.

This is a passing league. Deal with it.

Dirty Sanchez
Formerly Known as Julie's Fuck Stick

Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:06 pm
I'm not saying we should have a top ten running team. We never will. But.... We do need to run the ball even if the gains are minimal. We have seen during the first few games of the season that when you only pass, Aaron gets killed. By mixing in a few runs you keep the defense honest and have a manageable third down instead of third and long. Plus, making sustained drives keeps our defense off the field so they aren't exhausted like they were against Indy.

BradyPopped-Inga
1st Ballot Hall of Famer

Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:57 pm
Dirty Sanchez wrote:
I'm not saying we should have a top ten running team. We never will. But.... We do need to run the ball even if the gains are minimal. We have seen during the first few games of the season that when you only pass, Aaron gets killed. By mixing in a few runs you keep the defense honest and have a manageable third down instead of third and long. Plus, making sustained drives keeps our defense off the field so they aren't exhausted like they were against Indy.

MM tried to do that v. the Rams, just not a lot of success. Green had 20 carries and he had Cobb back there for a few runs/passes as well as Kuhn. Green slipped a few times and missed some opportunities, but Fisher's teams are usually stout v. the run.

Dirty Sanchez
Formerly Known as Julie's Fuck Stick

Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:14 pm
BradyPopped-Inga wrote:
Dirty Sanchez wrote:

MM tried to do that v. the Rams, just not a lot of success. Green had 20 carries and he had Cobb back there for a few runs/passes as well as Kuhn. Green slipped a few times and missed some opportunities, but Fisher's teams are usually stout v. the run.
But what was the end result? A win. The runs were enough to make the third down pass manageable and gave the defense a rest. When MM decided to go pass happy in the second half against Indy, it was a disaster that led to a loss.

Our running game does suck, but if it can gain a few yards and bust one for an occasional first down, it will open up the passing attack and keep the heat off Rodgers a little. Provided he doesn't hang on to it for 10 seconds instead of just throwing it away.

FAN
Formerly Known as Fan59

Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:31 pm
BradyPopped-Inga wrote:
Dirty Sanchez wrote:

nowhere did I say we need 4 ypc, nowhere did I say we need to run 35 times a game either, I think Marano has his panty's in a bunch about my saying I want a new oline coach, who knows, maybe he has a man crush on Campen Laughing

as we've seen, the pass pro can be a sieve just as the run blocking can be obsolete at times, and it hardly matters how good the compatition is, I admited the Ram front 7 ios a good one, but we have had plenty of problems from lesser talent as well.

I think you guys covered the rest of what I would tell Marano, TOP, where and tear on AR, DC see more of our passing plays and schemes the more we use it, that becomes a bigger factor as the playoffs get closer, being able to run a little more successfully minimizes all of that.

excepting just good enough, is a one way ticket to average Mr. Green

FAN
Formerly Known as Fan59

Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:57 pm
Dirty Sanchez wrote:
BradyPopped-Inga wrote:
Dirty Sanchez wrote:

But what was the end result? A win. The runs were enough to make the third down pass manageable and gave the defense a rest. When MM decided to go pass happy in the second half against Indy, it was a disaster that led to a loss.

Our running game does suck, but if it can gain a few yards and bust one for an occasional first down, it will open up the passing attack and keep the heat off Rodgers a little. Provided he doesn't hang on to it for 10 seconds instead of just throwing it away.

AR hit on the 3rd downs last week, no 3rd and ----- is safe with AR, AR is a 3rd and 20 guy, just like he's a 1st, 2nd and 20 guy, AR is a vertical QB, he may dink and dunk here and there, but he's always reading the tree top to bottom, not vice versa, I think Cobb is changing that some.

Mac uses the run now not only for yardage on inside zone, but also to stretch defenses, our blocking schemes have not done well on these for us to gaion yardage to well, but it does get a defense flowing side to side and lossen up the inside, and gives the option a better chance for success, and slows future pass rush.

Being able to run successfully, should also improve AR's success rate, hard to believe I know, after all he is the best in the league, is he satisfied with that? sure we are, what fan wouldn't be, but I got a bag full of ruffs here I'd bet any MF he aint ready to except that, no more than I'am willing to except missing two other birds, I need to do better, I need to kill these fucking birds Bong ROFL

Bus Cook
Fucktard Hall of Famer
Fucktard Hall of Famer

Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:18 pm
This is the height of retardation. If this team can't run the ball against what is often 6 men in the box, we really don't have to worry about having a top 10 running game. We have to worry about having to pick players like Grant off the waiver wire to IMPROVE what we have. By virtue of not being on an NFL team, that makes Grant, at best a number 33 running back and our run game will have moved UP to #33 by signing Grant.

FAN
Formerly Known as Fan59

Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:06 pm
Bus Cook wrote:
This is the height of retardation. If this team can't run the ball against what is often 6 men in the box, we really don't have to worry about having a top 10 running game. We have to worry about having to pick players like Grant off the waiver wire to IMPROVE what we have. By virtue of not being on an NFL team, that makes Grant, at best a number 33 running back and our run game will have moved UP to #33 by signing Grant.

Na, this is actually a higher height of retardation, in fact this has to be one of your most retarded posts of all time Laughing

BradyPopped-Inga
1st Ballot Hall of Famer

Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:25 pm
Bus Cook wrote:

I don't care if the Packers have a top ten running game. Couldn't care less. I just want them to win and they don't need a top ten running game to do that.

If only a running team that gets you guys all wet and dewey, here are the top 5---save yourselves some ruunning back blue balls and pick one to self-gratify yourselves to this Sunday.

Redskins
Chiefs
Forty-Niners
Patriots
Bills.

FAN
Formerly Known as Fan59

Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:30 am
BradyPopped-Inga wrote:
Bus Cook wrote:

I don't care if the Packers have a top ten running game. Couldn't care less. I just want them to win and they don't need a top ten running game to do that.

If only a running team that gets you guys all wet and dewey, here are the top 5---save yourselves some ruunning back blue balls and pick one to self-gratify yourselves to this Sunday.

Redskins
Chiefs
Forty-Niners
Patriots
Bills.

I must not be getting my point across very well, you see winning is the most important thing to me too, we rank pretty close and have for a couple years around the cusp of the bottom 3rd ion the league rushing, our run blocking keeps us there year in and year out, is it to much to ask for us to be in the top 15? or how about 12th or 13th?

I've been pegged as the guy who wants to run it 35 times a game, but never said anything like that, and that I expect us to be a top 10 running team, I would like that, but steady consistant oline blocking has been my goal, thats been my whole complaint, why should I except anything less than that, quit being homers and look at reality, we should be much better at this, and every year it's the same thing, time for a change.

Carl Gerbschmidt

Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:33 am
Fuck that shit, the Packers were 15-1 last season throwing the ball all over the place. Then came the play offs and the Packers got their asses kicked because the recievers dropped the ball, sure would have been nice to at least have a threat to run the ball. Bus has a very good point, seldom does a Packer RB see 8 in the box against him, and the line and the RB still can't get it done. The Packers are run retarded and it will fuck them come playoff time unless they are on the road and in domes.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Jump to: