packersplanet.com Forum Index -> Packers Talk- MOSTLY UNCENSORED -> Alex Green

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Carl Gerbschmidt
Formerly Known As MNPackfan

Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:41 am
Not having a running game or even a threat of one is just fine during the regular season. If there happens to be a cold day in January and recievers drop the ball, the Packers will be fucked again.

FAN
Formerly Known as Fan59

Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:12 am
I expected a bunch of homish rebuttles Laughing

and I will admit this is one of the better D lines we'll face, but there is no reason for us to lose the individual battles that we do, just because we play a zone scheme doesn't mean that much of blocking isn't still getting a hat on a hat, Lang was thrown around most of the day, the DE crushed Bulaga right through Sitton and destroyed the blocking on that side countless times, course Sitton didn't need much help loosing his battles either, same with Newsome, then we have Saturday, shaking his head in confusion.

like I said this oline runs hot and cold to much, and thats coaching, true, some of it is on the RB, but Green basically had no where to run Sunday, the line looked un motivated thruout the 1st half, pass blocked better in the 2nd half, but the run blocking didn't, and we rarely see improvment in that area.

BradyPopped-Inga
1st Ballot Hall of Famer

Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:12 am
Why rebut? Very nice Packer win and yet all we hear is whining about the running game. Same old, same old.

Carl Gerbschmidt
Formerly Known As MNPackfan

Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:23 am
BradyPopped-Inga wrote:
Why rebut? Very nice Packer win and yet all we hear is whining about the running game. Same old, same old.

Well as Packer fans we sure as hell can't fall back on defense wins championships. Laughing

Pippen
Eurotrash Neo-Nazi
Eurotrash Neo-Nazi

Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:44 pm
Carl Gerbschmidt wrote:
Not having a running game or even a threat of one is just fine during the regular season. If there happens to be a cold day in January and recievers drop the ball, the Packers will be fucked again.

...and therefore I still promote the "Lambeau-to-be-a-dome" idea. Lambeau and its characteristics (open stadium in a tough winter area) does prevent this very team to blossom. This is a dome team that has to play in weather. No way we lose to KC or the Giants in a dome. We'd need a big tent over Lambeau or something similiar.

Pippen
Eurotrash Neo-Nazi
Eurotrash Neo-Nazi

Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:47 pm
Marano 20 wrote:

The Giants were 32nd in rushing offense last year.

The Giants do have a better run game than us. I don't care about the stats, look at the actual games and you'll see that this team has a more effective run than those NE, NO, GB, DET-like teams.

Lord Football
Referee

Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:34 pm
Apparently Ryan Grant is suddenly available.

MM said in on weekly show that there were times where 2 to 3 rushing yards were left on the field by the OL not finishing plays. He also felt Green missed a big run.

Pippen
Eurotrash Neo-Nazi
Eurotrash Neo-Nazi

Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:51 pm
Lord Football wrote:
Apparently Ryan Grant is suddenly available.

Wow. Shocked

I gotta say I always liked Grant will his ability to gain a lot of yards with speed after breaking through the line (what I mean you can see if u look at the 2nd half of 2007). I wouldn't mind to take him back, would u?

Lord Football
Referee

Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:15 pm
GB cut 2 off the practice squad today and signed a former DL from the Bears practice squad.

Maybe they are already clearing a spot Cheesehead

FAN
Formerly Known as Fan59

Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:27 am
Lord Football wrote:
GB cut 2 off the practice squad today and signed a former DL from the Bears practice squad.

I think this would be a good signing, Green may be the future, who knows, but he does miss the cutbacks at times, those slips he had are products of over pursuing the backside a step to far and not leaving himself enough distance between himself and his blockers to cut it back, and on one such play he had nothing but daylight in front of him., thats a 20plus yard run in the hands of a back with patience and vision, some of Grants best charectoristics.

BradyPopped-Inga
1st Ballot Hall of Famer

Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:28 am
FAN wrote:
Lord Football wrote:

I think this would be a good signing, Green may be the future, who knows, but he does miss the cutbacks at times, those slips he had are products of over pursuing the backside a step to far and not leaving himself enough distance between himself and his blockers to cut it back, and on one such play he had nothing but daylight in front of him., thats a 20plus yard run in the hands of a back with patience and vision, some of Grants best charectoristics.

What's Dimitri Nance up to these days?

Bus Cook
Fucktard Hall of Famer
Fucktard Hall of Famer

Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:24 pm
I can't say too much here, it was said to me in confidence.

Wildcat. Look for it.

Dirty Sanchez
Formerly Known as Julie's Fuck Stick

Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:44 pm
Bus Cook wrote:
I can't say too much here, it was said to me in confidence.

Wildcat. Look for it.
Randall Cobb. Look for it.

Walty
Perennial Pro Bowler

Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:14 am
Marano 20 wrote:
Our pass protection looked fine.

...OH WAIT I FORGOT WE'RE A RUNNING TEAM

The Rams are a top 10 defense and we played them at home where they were previously undefeated.

How can you possibly complain about anything right now. Our run game looks awful? Who gives a fuck. Our run game looked good the first couple of weeks and Aaron Rodgers looked miserable. Which would you rather have? A good run game and 2-3 or an awesome pass game and 4-3.

Marano gets it right again.

That was a top 10 rushing defense at home. It's going to happen. We're not built to run.

As Arod said yesterday, with this offense, quantity of carries is most important. If you get quality, that's great, but we don't need it (as evidenced by the road win against St. Louis).

FAN
Formerly Known as Fan59

Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:11 am
Marano 20 wrote:
Our pass protection looked fine.

...OH WAIT I FORGOT WE'RE A RUNNING TEAM

The Rams are a top 10 defense and we played them at home where they were previously undefeated.

How can you possibly complain about anything right now. Our run game looks awful? Who gives a fuck. Our run game looked good the first couple of weeks and Aaron Rodgers looked miserable. Which would you rather have? A good run game and 2-3 or an awesome pass game and 4-3.

oh, so according to you we must except the trade off, either we run well and the pass sucks or we pass well and the run sucks, and thats exceptable, and dont for a minute think we wont see stiff run defenses again this year.

go and watch the piss poor blocking and then tell me thats exceptable, watch as they dont finish blocks, dont get to the second level, have to hold because they got beat.

why complain when we win, I got that, but the thread title was about Alex Green and the run game Sunday, if ya want a suger coating, then your in the wrong thread, like I said this line has looked inconsistant at run blocking since Campen has been the oline coach, and plenty of time his players look un motivated and poor at pass pro as well, and he's been the oline coach for 5 years, how long should we be excepting mediocrity in this matter? we need better oline coaching.

like I said just look how well that make shift oline for the Rams played, I rest my case.

excepting mediocrity has never produced winning results Mareno, never, in fact excepting mediocrity is a formula for lossing, and your right, the pass is our bread and butter, and just running even if un successful will produce a desired affect, but that hardly means we should be content with that, the object is always to improve at or on your weak links, and this oline has been a weak link for to long.

I will admit though that the Rams front 7 is one of the tougher we have faced this year, but I'am tired of those excuses as well, and we'll face that type defensive front going forward this season, we need to do a better job.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Jump to: