packersplanet.com Forum Index -> Packers Talk- MOSTLY UNCENSORED -> Crabtree to take over for Finley

Post Crabtree to take over for Finley
Lord Football
Referee

Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:56 pm
Not really. At todays press conference Wilde asked MM since Finley drops one pass a game, does that mean Crabtree will now get more opportunities to catch passes.

MM seemed like he was getting ready to say "no way in hell" and then he stops himself from ripping on Crabtree's game. It kind of seems like McCarthy thought Crabtree had a bad game.

check the video at 7:45

http://www.packers.com/media-c.....0af9e89a6b

I also read that Quarless and Zombo may be back to practice this week

Pippen
Eurotrash Neo-Nazi
Eurotrash Neo-Nazi

Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:44 pm
Obviously MM likes Finley's pure size and the match-up advantages it creates. I also think MM guesses that Finley's latest slump is exactly that: a slump that will go over at one time and is not worth damaging his confidence. And I second his opinion. It's not the time right now to dump a sensitive player like Finley after a couple of bad games.

To Quarless: He has similar size like Finley and I see him able to do what Finley can do...and soon that is. So my prospective plan as a GM would be: Let Finley walk, keep Quarless as his heir, Crabtree & Williams as potent back-up's and make sure we sign Raji, Jennings, Matthews and Rodgers longterm. Never forget: We won the SB without Finley! (Actually we sucked in 2010 till Finley got injured and afterwards we blossomed.)

Marano 20
Egotistical Assclown

Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:40 pm
I love Quarless. I honestly think that had he not shredded his knee we would have moved on from Finley but I still feel the organization views him as the successor. He was pretty much the exact player coming out of college. Raw, early exit, incredible athlete and immature. He was coming along last year before that gruesome injury and was on the field a shit ton catching everything near him. I'm pumped for his return hopefully it puts some heat on Finley.

Finley is reminding me of a young James Jones. I remember JJ was praised for having the best hands on the team but kept fumbling or dropping a key pass. The drops are like an epidemic if you constantly beat yourself up over them, which JMike seems to do. Now all JJ does is catch everything in his area, one handed, two handed, etc. It's all a confidence thing it seems like.

Pippen
Eurotrash Neo-Nazi
Eurotrash Neo-Nazi

Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:41 pm
Marano 20 wrote:
It's all a confidence thing it seems like.

Confidence is overrated, coincidence is underrated. Football is - mathematically spoken - a game of statistics, stochastics and of large numbers. You can't control the outcome of a certain catch-try like u can't control the whole game, because it depends on too many factors. You can only control the tendencies, let's say with 100 catches or 100 games. Mostly people oversee that, because people remember those important non-catches or losses or vice versa great catches and wins. Coaches and GM's need a clearer eye there and that often explains those gaps between fans and the organization.

That means for example: A WR that catches 94 out of 100 catchable passes is a very good WR, no matter if those 6 drops occured in the playoffs and cost the team twice the season. And I bet if you check out JJ's ratio you'll see that he's just a fine WR.

Lord Football
Referee

Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:53 pm
Pippen wrote:

Confidence is overrated, coincidence is underrated.

That's as far as I got into reading your response.

The thing I like most about Packers Planet is that I can tell you to "fuck off you stupid retard" for writing something that stupid.

Thanks

get louder at lambeau
Commissioner

Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:42 pm
Pippen wrote:
Marano 20 wrote:

Confidence is overrated, coincidence is underrated. Football is - mathematically spoken - a game of statistics, stochastics and of large numbers. You can't control the outcome of a certain catch-try like u can't control the whole game, because it depends on too many factors. You can only control the tendencies, let's say with 100 catches or 100 games. Mostly people oversee that, because people remember those important non-catches or losses or vice versa great catches and wins. Coaches and GM's need a clearer eye there and that often explains those gaps between fans and the organization.

That means for example: A WR that catches 94 out of 100 catchable passes is a very good WR, no matter if those 6 drops occured in the playoffs and cost the team twice the season. And I bet if you check out JJ's ratio you'll see that he's just a fine WR.

Wow Pippy. You're not as dumb as you act. Keep posting intelligently and maybe you can earn a new avatar.

Marano 20
Egotistical Assclown

Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:13 pm
Pippen wrote:
Marano 20 wrote:

So you're disregarding the fact that JMike has 18+ drops in his last 20 games? What if I told you that over his last 22 games JMike has 79 catches.

18 drops. 79 catches. 130 targets.

JMike is dropping around 15% of his targets if we're speaking mathematically.

This season alone, JMike has 7 drops and an 19% drop rate as of the 13th of October. He had another drop Sunday night. I'm sure that number has increased.

Is this a coincidence? Doubtful. Is it a mental thing? Most likely.

get louder at lambeau
Commissioner

Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:39 pm
Marano 20 wrote:
Pippen wrote:
Marano 20 wrote:

So you're disregarding the fact that JMike has 18+ drops in his last 20 games? What if I told you that over his last 22 games JMike has 79 catches.

18 drops. 79 catches. 130 targets.

JMike is dropping around 15% of his targets if we're speaking mathematically.

This season alone, JMike has 7 drops and an 19% drop rate as of the 13th of October. He had another drop Sunday night. I'm sure that number has increased.

Is this a coincidence? Doubtful. Is it a mental thing? Most likely.

A mental thing? For sure. The guy is full of unearned bravado and his confidence seems to be falling as reality catches up with his superinflated ego.

Would you (anybody) really want him as a co-worker in your current job? I'm talking about him as a person, not as a freak athlete. Would you? He seems like kind of a self centered dickhead to me. Maybe I'm wrong, because I don't know him apart from what I get from TV and whatnot, but he seems like someone I would want to get away from. I'm not big on retards with huge egos.

FAN
Formerly Known as Fan59

Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:55 am
Marano 20 wrote:
I love Quarless. I honestly think that had he not shredded his knee we would have moved on from Finley but I still feel the organization views him as the successor. He was pretty much the exact player coming out of college. Raw, early exit, incredible athlete and immature. He was coming along last year before that gruesome injury and was on the field a shit ton catching everything near him. I'm pumped for his return hopefully it puts some heat on Finley.

Finley is reminding me of a young James Jones. I remember JJ was praised for having the best hands on the team but kept fumbling or dropping a key pass. The drops are like an epidemic if you constantly beat yourself up over them, which JMike seems to do. Now all JJ does is catch everything in his area, one handed, two handed, etc. It's all a confidence thing it seems like.

spot on, Finley is thinking instead of just playing, He has excelled when he was confident and didn't have to think and just played, some players have a coaching ceiling, when it gets to complicated Finleys type play is what we end up with, he's a coaches nightmare, as someone said, Finley cant chew gum and walk at the same time, in football terms it amounts to Finley, 1 thinking about beating the jam, 2. thinking about his route path, and cut point, 3. winning the coverage position, 4. catching the ball, he has breakdowns at one of these on many plays, and cant concentrate on #4, catching the ball, he just losses focus, and is thinking to much.

Carl Gerbschmidt
Formerly Known As MNPackfan

Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:49 am
get louder at lambeau wrote:
Pippen wrote:
Marano 20 wrote:

Wow Pippy. You're not as dumb as you act. Keep posting intelligently and maybe you can earn a new avatar.

Louder Lord's response was spot on, you may need to take a few days off. Wink

BradyPopped-Inga
1st Ballot Hall of Famer

Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:46 am
Pippen wrote:
Marano 20 wrote:

JJ's (James Jones') ratio is fine. Finley's isn't. He dropped 'em in the regular season and dropped several in the playoffs v. the Giants. His ratio is even worse this year. With a drop rate of 20%, Finley would catch 80 out of a hundred and that's not good. RE" the playoffs---it matters even more. You've got to come up big in the big games and J. Michael hasn't. Add in the mouth-running, QB calling-out and $7 million a year salary average and you've got a problem.

(It's not like Finley can't do it, he has in 2009/10.)

Dirty Sanchez
Formerly Known as Julie's Fuck Stick

Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:39 am
When is Quarless supposed to be back? I'm curious to see if he'll be fully recovered from that injury or if it will be an Al Harris type of thing.

get louder at lambeau
Commissioner

Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:54 am
Dirty Sanchez wrote:
When is Quarless supposed to be back? I'm curious to see if he'll be fully recovered from that injury or if it will be an Al Harris type of thing.

He just started practicing-

Quote:
Zombo, Quarless practice for first time
Posted by Mike Spofford on October 17, 2012 – 12:15 pm

LB Frank Zombo and TE Andrew Quarless came off the physically unable to perform list and practiced on Wednesday for the first time this season.

That begins a three-week window during which they can practice without counting on the 53-man active roster. By the end of the next three weeks, the Packers will have to decide whether to activate them to the 53, release them, or put them on injured reserve.

The other player on PUP, T Derek Sherrod, is still not practicing.

Also sitting out Wednesday’s workout during the portion open to the media were CB Sam Shields (shin), LB Nick Perry (knee), WR Greg Jennings (groin) and DL B.J. Raji (ankle). Shields and Perry were hurt during Sunday’s game in Houston, while Jennings and Raji both missed that game.

Meanwhile, S Sean Richardson (hamstring) returned to practice after being out for several weeks.

Update: After practice, Mike McCarthy said Zombo and Quarless would work primarily on the “look” or scout teams in practice this week and then possibly move into special teams work as time goes on.

http://packersnews.net/phpBB2/.....p;start=15

itsoez
Disenchanted Wise-Ass

Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:32 am
Nothing extraordinaly profound here. Tom Crabtree is growing up, wants to be a real player, bear fruit. Great for him, I mean it. He gets better every game, like James Jones. We need these type of fellows badly. P.S. I wanted to bring a right switch of hickory to Jones' bare hide and send him into a right gail two years away...but I respect this guy's game now. Two different men. James Jones has also grown up....back to work boys!!!! What might you ponder the switch??!!

Jump to: