packersplanet.com Forum Index -> Packers Talk- MOSTLY UNCENSORED -> Shannon Sharpe blasts Rodgers

Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Post Shannon Sharpe blasts Rodgers
Author Message
Lord Football
Referee


Joined: 06 Nov 2007
Posts: 4056


Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:55 pm
Reply with quote
Quote:
"I think they have some deeper issues, but let's get to the surface issues right now. They can't run the football, so that puts a lot of pressure on Aaron Rodgers and that poor offensive line. Aaron Rodgers doesn't always do a great job of getting rid of the football on rhythm. So now he's taking some unnecessary sacks. But what I see is a lot of finger pointing by Aaron Rodgers. I don't really know Aaron Rodgers, haven't been around him. But he strikes me as a guy that, it's always someone else's fault other than his own. I'm not so sure, I'm not so sure, that deep down inside, how well his receiving corps really likes Aaron Rodgers."

"I tell you what else, just because you're a great quarterback and an MVP quarterback that doesn't make you a great person. There is a difference between the two."



Link
View user's profile Send private message
 

Post Re: Shannon Sharpe blasts Rodgers
Author Message
FAN
Formerly Known as Fan59


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 6241
Location: here


Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:21 pm
Reply with quote
Lord Football wrote:
Quote:
"I think they have some deeper issues, but let's get to the surface issues right now. They can't run the football, so that puts a lot of pressure on Aaron Rodgers and that poor offensive line. Aaron Rodgers doesn't always do a great job of getting rid of the football on rhythm. So now he's taking some unnecessary sacks. But what I see is a lot of finger pointing by Aaron Rodgers. I don't really know Aaron Rodgers, haven't been around him. But he strikes me as a guy that, it's always someone else's fault other than his own. I'm not so sure, I'm not so sure, that deep down inside, how well his receiving corps really likes Aaron Rodgers."

"I tell you what else, just because you're a great quarterback and an MVP quarterback that doesn't make you a great person. There is a difference between the two."



Link


It's a TE thingie, Finley runs his jaws too, Sharps backing him up, it's like a gang thing Laughing

Shannon never could keep his mouth shut, out spoken to the point of stupidity.

_________________
______________
View user's profile Send private message
 

Post
Author Message
BradyPopped-Inga
1st Ballot Hall of Famer


Joined: 07 Jul 2008
Posts: 6177


Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:16 pm
Reply with quote
Probably has/had the same agent as Finley. Laughing Rodgers would look even better if he had a starting TE who could actually walk and chew gum at the same time.
View user's profile Send private message
 

Post
Author Message
Pippen
Eurotrash Neo-Nazi
Eurotrash Neo-Nazi


Joined: 28 Dec 2007
Posts: 1709
Location: Sauerkrautland


Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:21 pm
Reply with quote
I am sorry to piss in your cups again, but despite it was a good and vital win, it also was a "start to finish" win. Any average QB can win u games from the front with things going well. AR hasn't yet proven he can CARRY a team through stormy waters. Till disproven I continue to say that AR is a "sunshine" QB like Rivers, that means: stats-horny and as long as things roll and he has lead he'll make u feel amazed, but as soon as he falls behind and things get rocky he just looks like a slightly better version of Rex Grossman. What we'd need is a "Faver minus gunslinging"-type of guy that gets the best out of himself if the ship is in real danger, like Eli. I hope Aaron get develop into that kind of guy, he's still young.
View user's profile Send private message
 

Post
Author Message
Lord Football
Referee


Joined: 06 Nov 2007
Posts: 4056


Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:29 pm
Reply with quote
WHAAAAAA? You hope Rodgers develops into a guy like Eli? Holy christ balls I've heard it all Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
View user's profile Send private message
 

Post
Author Message
BradyPopped-Inga
1st Ballot Hall of Famer


Joined: 07 Jul 2008
Posts: 6177


Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:34 pm
Reply with quote
Pippen wrote:
I am sorry to piss in your cups again, but despite it was a good and vital win, it also was a "start to finish" win. Any average QB can win u games from the front with things going well. AR hasn't yet proven he can CARRY a team through stormy waters. Till disproven I continue to say that AR is a "sunshine" QB like Rivers, that means: stats-horny and as long as things roll and he has lead he'll make u feel amazed, but as soon as he falls behind and things get rocky he just looks like a slightly better version of Rex Grossman. What we'd need is a "Faver minus gunslinging"-type of guy that gets the best out of himself if the ship is in real danger, like Eli. I hope Aaron get develop into that kind of guy, he's still young.


He led the team to a Super Bowl victory in a year they had 15 players on IR, we're 4-4 and played every playoff game on the road---all four. Nimrod.
View user's profile Send private message
 

Post
Author Message
Iceman28
Pro Bowler- Starter


Joined: 09 Oct 2009
Posts: 391


Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:00 pm
Reply with quote
Obviously, dumbass Sharpe missed the article that was all over the main page headlines which had the title "Rodgers: 'I'm not getting it done' ".

What a stupid piece of shit. These are the same guys that worshipped Randy Moss and Terrell Owens in their prime.

_________________
www.appleriver.com
www.facebook.com/appleriver
View user's profile Send private message
 

Post
Author Message
Marano 20
Egotistical Assclown


Joined: 18 Nov 2007
Posts: 5509


Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:02 pm
Reply with quote
I watched that live and all I could do was laugh. The media is such a joke.

_________________
Revive PackersPlanet
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
 

Post
Author Message
texas
condescending nerd


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 5751
Location: Dallas


Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:35 pm
Reply with quote
Shannon sharpe always was a dumbass.

That said, how many times were we behind during our playoff run? I can see the sunshine argument, although I think on Rodgers' worst days, he is still a top 5 QB. So I disagree, but I can at least see how one could come to that conclusion.

_________________
Bears still suck
View user's profile Send private message
 

Post
Author Message
Pippen
Eurotrash Neo-Nazi
Eurotrash Neo-Nazi


Joined: 28 Dec 2007
Posts: 1709
Location: Sauerkrautland


Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:32 pm
Reply with quote
texas wrote:

That said, how many times were we behind during our playoff run?


Never, going into the 4th. (I speak about our 2011 playoff run) In the other playoff runs we lost when trailing in the 4th (Arizona 2010, NY 2012).

Quote:
I can see the sunshine argument, although I think on Rodgers' worst days, he is still a top 5 QB. So I disagree, but I can at least see how one could come to that conclusion.


I don't intend to bash Rodgers, just my observation. Fact is: He never guided a comeback win in an important game (playoffs, do-or-die-reg. season games). My impression is that Aaron kind of flows with his offense, he seems not to be able to countersteer if his offense has problems. Therefore I can see where his critics take their fuel to deny him leadership quality.
View user's profile Send private message
 

Post
Author Message
Marano 20
Egotistical Assclown


Joined: 18 Nov 2007
Posts: 5509


Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:42 pm
Reply with quote
I'm so tired of this "Rodgers can't lead a comeback in the 4th". Well, for one, we're usually leading in the 4th quarter. 10 times out of 10 i'll take the lead over the comeback. Also, when he does drive the field, Mason does his best job to miss the gamewinning field goal.

Comebacks are so stupid. If you're a great QB you shouldn't be losing in the first place.

Also, how does he flow with the offense? HE IS THE OFFENSE. The offense FLOWS THROUGH HIM. He's the reigning MVP. He won 15 games with what the fans are calling the worst defense in NFL history.

_________________
Revive PackersPlanet
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
 

Post
Author Message
Pippen
Eurotrash Neo-Nazi
Eurotrash Neo-Nazi


Joined: 28 Dec 2007
Posts: 1709
Location: Sauerkrautland


Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:28 pm
Reply with quote
Marano 20 wrote:


Comebacks are so stupid.


Those "stupid comebacks" create the aura of great QB's who can make anyone better and hungrier. Remember when Faver was there with the Vikings and the whole team just looked more pumped up and full of confidence. That is because these players knew they not only got a game-managing-QB, but a guy that can "make your dreams come true". That's an emotional thing and THAT IS what makes a leader greatly accepted.

Most players like JJ, Nelson & Co. might know the talent of Aaron, but they don't know the "magic" of him...yet. That comes if he can guide one or two comeback wins and it will boost confidence but also accountability no coach can teach. Because dropping a pass is bad, dropping a pass from a MVP is worse, but dropping a pass from an hero is unthinkable. Rodgers hasn't reached that level yet and therefore GB can't win those below-average games. And that is a disadvantage in a league that has a one-game-playoff-system.
View user's profile Send private message
 

Post
Author Message
Lord Football
Referee


Joined: 06 Nov 2007
Posts: 4056


Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:01 pm
Reply with quote
Pippen wrote:
Marano 20 wrote:


Comebacks are so stupid.


Those "stupid comebacks" create the aura of great QB's who can make anyone better and hungrier. Remember when Faver was there with the Vikings and the whole team just looked more pumped up and full of confidence. That is because these players knew they not only got a game-managing-QB, but a guy that can "make your dreams come true". That's an emotional thing and THAT IS what makes a leader greatly accepted.

Most players like JJ, Nelson & Co. might know the talent of Aaron, but they don't know the "magic" of him...yet. That comes if he can guide one or two comeback wins and it will boost confidence but also accountability no coach can teach. Because dropping a pass is bad, dropping a pass from a MVP is worse, but dropping a pass from an hero is unthinkable. Rodgers hasn't reached that level yet and therefore GB can't win those below-average games. And that is a disadvantage in a league that has a one-game-playoff-system.


Well that certainly makes retarded sense.

1 - Rodgers has no come from behind wins - k?
2 - GB WRs don't care if they drop a pass from Rodgers
3 - It's impossible for any WR to ever drop any pass from Farve
View user's profile Send private message
 

Post
Author Message
BradyPopped-Inga
1st Ballot Hall of Famer


Joined: 07 Jul 2008
Posts: 6177


Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:28 pm
Reply with quote
Pippen wrote:
texas wrote:

That said, how many times were we behind during our playoff run?


Never, going into the 4th. (I speak about our 2011 playoff run) In the other playoff runs we lost when trailing in the 4th (Arizona 2010, NY 2012).

Quote:
I can see the sunshine argument, although I think on Rodgers' worst days, he is still a top 5 QB. So I disagree, but I can at least see how one could come to that conclusion.


I don't intend to bash Rodgers, just my observation. Fact is: He never guided a comeback win in an important game (playoffs, do-or-die-reg. season games). My impression is that Aaron kind of flows with his offense, he seems not to be able to countersteer if his offense has problems. Therefore I can see where his critics take their fuel to deny him leadership quality.


Critics like J. Michael Finley? He's borderline retarded. Sure, he's smarter than you but that's not saying much is it Skippy?
View user's profile Send private message
 

Post
Author Message
get louder at lambeau
Commissioner


Joined: 04 Nov 2007
Posts: 11976
Location: PackersPlanet


Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:50 pm
Reply with quote
Pippen wrote:
Marano 20 wrote:


Comebacks are so stupid.


Those "stupid comebacks" create the aura of great QB's who can make anyone better and hungrier. Remember when Faver was there with the Vikings and the whole team just looked more pumped up and full of confidence. That is because these players knew they not only got a game-managing-QB, but a guy that can "make your dreams come true". That's an emotional thing and THAT IS what makes a leader greatly accepted.

Most players like JJ, Nelson & Co. might know the talent of Aaron, but they don't know the "magic" of him...yet. That comes if he can guide one or two comeback wins and it will boost confidence but also accountability no coach can teach. Because dropping a pass is bad, dropping a pass from a MVP is worse, but dropping a pass from an hero is unthinkable. Rodgers hasn't reached that level yet and therefore GB can't win those below-average games. And that is a disadvantage in a league that has a one-game-playoff-system.


Comeback wins are emotional because they end on a high note, but they are no more valuable than a come-from-ahead win. I'll take an early lead any day. It demoralizes the other team and builds confidence in your own team that they were just plain better from the start. It makes the opposing team's playcaller and QB take more risks. It works the odds in your favor.

Pippy, you put way to much value in emotional variance as a positive. An even keeled attack beats random highs and lows more often than not. Especially in a one-and-done tournament like the NFL playoffs. You don't get extra credit for a come-from-behind win in the playoffs. Only in the minds of fans. Ask Tebow. Ask Faver.

_________________
LOUDER!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
 

Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Page 1 of 2 All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next


 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


phpBB skin developed by: eXtremepixels
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
Top of Page