packersplanet.com Forum Index -> Packers Talk- MOSTLY UNCENSORED -> This is looking a lot like Mike Sherman

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
scottydawop
Perennial Pro Bowler

Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:25 pm
get louder at lambeau wrote:
scottydawop wrote:
I agree with Bus on this one. We are the same type of team we were under Sherman. Good offense and a bad defense which will result in us making the playoffs but losing in the first or second round.

Good offense? #18 in points per game, #21 in yards per game. Below average in both stats. And it's not like they've only played vs. good Ds either. Three good ones, two bad ones. Our offense is not good right now. Not yet, anyway.

Bad defense? #14 in points per game, #16 in yards per game. Better rankings than the offense in both stats. Right around average, maybe slightly better.

Also, the main ref fuck jobs have hurt our D more than our O. Seattle with the ending and the phantom pass interference, Indy with the Luck sack/fumble ruled roughing the QB, etc. So the refs have made our D look slightly worse than they have actually performed.

I'll stick to results instead of preceonceptions. We all EXPECTED our O to be the strength of the team, but they haven't been so far. I do expect them to improve, but calling them good at this point just isn't true.

Yeah but we can all agree(?) that the offense is better than the defense on paper, they just haven't played up to it. I think our offense will turn it around but I'm worried about the defense. Do we lack the talent or is it something else like coaching? I think maybe just a touch of both.

Marano 20
Egotistical Assclown

Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:37 am
I think i'm the only person more concerned about the offense than defense. Our defense is getting off the field, it's just tough to do when our offense is constantly getting stopped at our own 35 and punting to their 35.

Our offense has been absolutely putrid. Our defense is much improved, they just have to start catching the other team passes.

Dirty Sanchez
Formerly Known as Julie's Fuck Stick

Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:55 am
Marano 20 wrote:
I think i'm the only person more concerned about the offense than defense. Our defense is getting off the field, it's just tough to do when our offense is constantly getting stopped at our own 35 and punting to their 35.

Our offense has been absolutely putrid. Our defense is much improved, they just have to start catching the other team passes.
Any defense will look like shit when the offense can only muster 3 and outs all day long.

Bus Cook
Fucktard Hall of Famer
Fucktard Hall of Famer

Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:24 am
BradyPopped-Inga wrote:
Bus Cook wrote:
BradyPopped-Inga wrote:
Bus Cook wrote:
Marano 20 wrote:
Bus Cook wrote:
Marano 20 wrote:
I guess i'll be the one who argues on behalf of Ahman Green

2000: (16 games)
1,175yds 4.5avg 10 TDs
73 rec. 600 yards 3 TDs

2001: (16 games)
1,387yds 4.6avg 9TDs
62rec 600 yards 2 TDs

2002: (14 games)
1,240yds 4.3avg 7 TDs
57rec 400yards 2 TDs

2003: (16 games)
1,883yds 5.3avg 15 TDs
50rec 370yds 5TDs

2004: (15 games)
1,163yds 4.5avg 9 TDs
40 rec 275yds 1 TD

That seems like a pretty good running back to me.

He was a pretty good running back, but you would think, at least I did, that the Packers would have a GREAT RB at least once since the 60s.

If more teams had a combo of a Hall of Fame QB paired with a great RB there'd be more dynasties in the NFL. I'm willing to bet you couldn't name Brady's RBs during his superbowl years without google. Let me give you a list of the previous superbowl winning RBs.

2011- Ahmad Bradshaw
2010- James Starks
2009- Reggie Bush/Pierre Thomas
2008- Willie Parker
2007- Brandon Jacobs
2006- Jerome Bettis
2005- Corey Dillion
2004- Kevin Faulk
2003- Michael Pittman
2002- Jamal Lewis
2001- Antowain Smith
2000- Marshall Faulk

Running backs are not nearly as important as you're making them out to be in todays day and age.

I can't think of may teams with 2 Hall of fame QBs, with hopefully a 3rd on his way. Theres 3 decades of phenomenal QB play (give/take a couple years)

OK, so you didn't think that our former QB needed more help, I did. But as my post said, BF didn't have any HOF calibre RBs OR WRs. Bet I could name a lot of premier WR on SuperBowl teams.

Help doing what. Throwing stupid interceptions to cost his teams big games? C'mon, Bus. And, nice try on Ahamn Green. You now say he needed a HOF running back, not one who gained 1,800 yards rushing in a single season. Much more than any back in the Rodgers era. Faver just wasn't up to the challenge after Holmgren left. Once he got his own locker room and a stooge HC who never challenged him and let him show up whenever he wanted Faver lost interest in the sacrifice necessary for title runs.

If all you look at with green is yards - HOF. Its interesting that you can overlook his uncanny ability to put the ball on the turf, yet are so fixated with our former QBs interceptions. You can't judge green without taking fumbles into account, just like you can't judge BF without taking INTs into account.

I mentioned Green's infurating fumble near the end of the first half of the Eagle's 4th and 26 playoff game. Not saying Ahman is HOF, just that he gained a lot of yards running and receiving for the packers and along with that OLine you say was so great, disproves your "poor Brent had not enough help" meme.

Green's fumbling was a perfect compliment to a QB who threw more int's than any other in league history and personally lost at least four playoff games for his teams over the years. He couldn't even complete the pass to Jan Sterger in NY because somebody intercepted the dick photo. Faver needed help all right---from himself. Laughing

Do I have to dig into the Truth > made up shit bag again.

I said that OTHER THAN having a great offensive line for most of his career, he had little else. When he did have a good D we went to 2 superbowls. And I stand by the statement that in almost 20 years he didn't have one HOF WR or RB, not counting someone who played here for one year at the end of his career or some anomaly like that. I already in my OP conceded that Green was good, but not great and he put the ball on the ground WAY too much at very inopportune times.

But the point was completely missed by those that choose to suck TTs cock and refuse to even look at sexted pics of our former QB's cock. That is, have we created the same type of team, for another great QB. We still have a weak D, no run game, have gotten great WR but have given back the great Oline. So on balance

Defense, both had shit
RB, both had shit
WR, BF had no greats AR has greats
Oline, BF had great AR has not had great.

Are we going to waste another QB greatness by failing to provide a supporting cast?

get louder at lambeau
Commissioner

Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:38 am
Marano 20 wrote:

You're not the only one. Something is really wrong on O. It's not just one thing that you can point to either. They need to get some momentum going and reclaim some confidence. Dropped passes, inaccurate throws, weak running, up and down OL performances, false starts, illegal motions, wasted timeout to avoid a delay of game at the end of the game ... they're a mess.

Our D has been up and down, but the main things that stand out to me are all the INTs they haven't caught and all the bad calls that have gone against them. Two horrible phantom PI calls on Shields, the Fail Mary, Perry's focred fumble ruled roughing, etc. Game changing bad calls.

Most fans blamed a lack of pass rush for our D not being better last year. This year, we have plenty pass rush. #1 in the league in sacks. Our secondary needs to step it up. We have an $11 million DB and an $8 million DB, and yet the Colts beat us up with their #1 WR? That shouldn't happen. Where's Williams? Where's Woodson? It's not all just the young guys getting beat, it's the well paid vets. Woodson sucked ass last game, grabbing people more than Ahmad Carrol.

I expect the D to improve because they should start pulling in the INTs at some point, and the young guys (McMillian, Perry, Heyward, Smith, Moses, Worthy, Daniels, etc.) should improve as the year goes on.

Not expecting a great performance out of the D today though, especially if Raji can't go. The Texans will score some points. Our offense needs to score like it's 2011 today.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Jump to: