packersplanet.com Forum Index -> Packers Talk- MOSTLY UNCENSORED -> This is looking a lot like Mike Sherman

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Post This is looking a lot like Mike Sherman
Bus Cook
Fucktard Hall of Famer
Fucktard Hall of Famer

Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:27 am
Love him or not, our former QB never had any help. Wolf built a good defense and we went to the playoffs perenially and two superbowls. After Wolf, he had nothing and the team foundered in mediocrity. Imagine being a probowl QB for almost 20 years and NEVER having an elite RB or WR. Forget Sharpe, he was done by the time BF hit his stride. I give some props to Sherman for having one of the best Olines in the NFL, but that's all he had. It was 5 down linemen and a QB against the rest of the NFL. Not much of a surprise that BF had his best statistical year when he was paired with a future HOF RB.

Now we have an elite corps of WR and an elite QB, but our defense sucks (has ever since Wolf) and our Oline is average at best. Still, our last great RB was Hornung or Taylor. (Please don't try to tell me Green was great).

So from Sherman to TT we have a constant at QB but traded an Oline for WRs. Really not much has changed.

This organization has squanderd 20+ years of what might have been.

BradyPopped-Inga
1st Ballot Hall of Famer

Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:56 am
Well, there is that little thing called a SB title from a team TT built from scratch after Sherman drafted and signed players (Joe Johnson, BJ Sander) like he was a retard on qualudes. You'll never be able to touch that, Bus. There was also what should have been a second SB appearance but for your boy Faver's choke at the end v. the Giants.

Sherman was canned as GM after the 2004 season. Time to let that era go.

Bus Cook
Fucktard Hall of Famer
Fucktard Hall of Famer

Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:26 am
BradyPopped-Inga wrote:
Well, there is that little thing called a SB title from a team TT built from scratch after Sherman drafted and signed players (Joe Johnson, BJ Sander) like he was a retard on qualudes. You'll never be able to touch that, Bus. There was also what should have been a second SB appearance but for your boy Faver's choke at the end v. the Giants.

There was also that should have been a second SB appearance last year but your boy TT forgot to build from scratch a defense.

Time to let this era go.

BradyPopped-Inga
1st Ballot Hall of Famer

Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:08 am
Bus Cook wrote:
BradyPopped-Inga wrote:

There was also that should have been a second SB appearance last year but your boy TT forgot to build from scratch a defense.

Time to let this era go.

Not gonna win the SB every year, Bus.

On Faver, you can't have it both ways. If he didn't have the talent AR enjoys that's on Sherman. And, it makes TT look good by comparison. Faver had plenty of talent---you've said so yourself: Best OLine in the NFL, Ahman Green was an exceptional RB. If Brent hadn't gone into his patented throw a season-ending int. mode he would have enjoyed a third SB under TT/MM in 2008 and a 4th with the Vikings, where he AP. Oh, well. Wink

Bus Cook
Fucktard Hall of Famer
Fucktard Hall of Famer

Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:17 am
BradyPopped-Inga wrote:
Bus Cook wrote:
BradyPopped-Inga wrote:

Time to let this era go.

On Faver, you can't have it both ways. If he didn't have the talent AR enjoys that's on Sherman. And, it makes TT look good by comparison. Faver had plenty of talent---you've said so yourself: Best OLine in the NFL, Ahman Green was an exceptional RB. If Brent hadn't gone into his patented throw a season-ending int. mode he would have enjoyed a third SB under TT/MM in 2008 and a 4th with the Vikings, where he AP. Oh, well. Wink

If any one person cost us the Giants game it was Woodson. And you support my point, we no longer have a good Oline or Advantage Sherman

Post Re: This is looking a lot like Mike Sherman
get louder at lambeau
Commissioner

Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:51 am
Bus Cook wrote:
Love him or not, our former QB never had any help. Wolf built a good defense and we went to the playoffs perenially and two superbowls. After Wolf, he had nothing and the team foundered in mediocrity. Imagine being a probowl QB for almost 20 years and NEVER having an elite RB or WR. Forget Sharpe, he was done by the time BF hit his stride. I give some props to Sherman for having one of the best Olines in the NFL, but that's all he had. It was 5 down linemen and a QB against the rest of the NFL. Not much of a surprise that BF had his best statistical year when he was paired with a future HOF RB.

Now we have an elite corps of WR and an elite QB, but our defense sucks (has ever since Wolf) and our Oline is average at best. Still, our last great RB was Hornung or Taylor. (Please don't try to tell me Green was great).

So from Sherman to TT we have a constant at QB but traded an Oline for WRs. Really not much has changed.

It's like a whiney, learning disabled child wrote this. I know you're whiney and not bright, but I thought you were older, Bus.

"Brent didn't have any help!" Crying or Very sad "I hate the GM!" Crying or Very sad "I can only think of players as either OMG elite or OMG sucky!" Crying or Very sad "The last 20+ years was squandered because they only won 2 Lombardi Trophies during that time and I expected 5!" Crying or Very sad "WHAAAAAAAHAAAHAA! MOMMY! THE PACKERS AREN'T WINNING ENOUGH SUPER BOWLS FOR ME!!" Crying or Very sad

God, it must suck a lot of ass to be you, Bus. A LOT of ass. What a fucking loser. Laughing

Bus Cook
Fucktard Hall of Famer
Fucktard Hall of Famer

Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:54 am
get louder at lambeau wrote:
Bus Cook wrote:

It's like a whiney, learning disabled child wrote this. I know you're whiney and not bright, but I thought you were older, Bus.

"Brent didn't have any help!" Crying or Very sad "I hate the GM!" Crying or Very sad "I can only think of players as either OMG elite or OMG sucky!" Crying or Very sad "The last 20+ years was squandered because they only won 2 Lombardi Trophies during that time and I expected 5!" Crying or Very sad "WHAAAAAAAHAAAHAA! MOMMY! THE PACKERS AREN'T WINNING ENOUGH SUPER BOWLS FOR ME!!" Crying or Very sad

God, it must suck a lot of ass to be you, Bus. A LOT of ass. What a fucking loser. Laughing

So this dynasty is better?

BWAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA

Carl Gerbschmidt
Formerly Known As MNPackfan

Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:39 am
Bus you have persuaded me. I made a call to the Packers and had them remove me from the waiting list for season tickets.

Bus Cook
Fucktard Hall of Famer
Fucktard Hall of Famer

Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:48 am
Carl Gerbschmidt wrote:
Bus you have persuaded me. I made a call to the Packers and had them remove me from the waiting list for season tickets.

I just lit a candle and my local synagogue last month, hoping you would live to 163 and get your tickets.

get louder at lambeau
Commissioner

Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:51 am
Bus Cook wrote:

BWAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA

Better than... ? Finish your thought there, Bus. Use your words.

And what are you bwa-ing about? I think you meant WHAAWhAAHAA. Must have hit the B by accident.

Honestly though, Bus. Your starting thread might be the dumbest, whineyest thing you've posted here. And you've set the bar for dumb and whiney pretty damn high. "20+ years squandered". What a stupid, whiney, faggotty thing to say. And you wonder why no one wants to come here to talk to you. Laughing

Bus Cook
Fucktard Hall of Famer
Fucktard Hall of Famer

Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:14 pm
get louder at lambeau wrote:
Bus Cook wrote:

BWAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA

Your starting thread might be the dumbest, whineyest thing you've posted here. And you've set the bar for dumb and whiney pretty damn high.

This from the guy who labelled TT's packers a dynasty a mere 6 months ago and called three of our Olinemen great.

Carl Gerbschmidt
Formerly Known As MNPackfan

Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:19 pm
Bus Cook wrote:
Carl Gerbschmidt wrote:

I just lit a candle and my local synagogue last month, hoping you would live to 163 and get your tickets.

So kind of you, now stay off my lawn.

BradyPopped-Inga
1st Ballot Hall of Famer

Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:58 pm
Bus Cook wrote:
BradyPopped-Inga wrote:
Bus Cook wrote:
BradyPopped-Inga wrote:

Time to let this era go.

If any one person cost us the Giants game it was Woodson. And you support my point, we no longer have a good Oline or Advantage Sherman

Woodson? What did he have to do with that icy loss? I remember GB having the ball and Faver throwing it to Corey Webster on the first play. Just like he did v. Philly, St. Louis, the Vikings and the Saints when he played for the Vikings. My point with the Oline and green was to correct the oft-stated whine about poor Brent not having any talent around him.

Bus Cook
Fucktard Hall of Famer
Fucktard Hall of Famer

Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:21 pm
BradyPopped-Inga wrote:
Bus Cook wrote:
BradyPopped-Inga wrote:
Bus Cook wrote:
BradyPopped-Inga wrote:

Time to let this era go.

Woodson? What did he have to do with that icy loss? I remember GB having the ball and Faver throwing it to Corey Webster on the first play. Just like he did v. Philly, St. Louis, the Vikings and the Saints when he played for the Vikings. My point with the Oline and green was to correct the oft-stated whine about poor Brent not having any talent around him.

You must have had your volume down on the TV. I heard Plaxico Burress' name all day long. and the QB throwing to him wasn't ours.

Marano 20
Egotistical Assclown

Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:56 pm
I guess i'll be the one who argues on behalf of Ahman Green

2000: (16 games)
1,175yds 4.5avg 10 TDs
73 rec. 600 yards 3 TDs

2001: (16 games)
1,387yds 4.6avg 9TDs
62rec 600 yards 2 TDs

2002: (14 games)
1,240yds 4.3avg 7 TDs
57rec 400yards 2 TDs

2003: (16 games)
1,883yds 5.3avg 15 TDs
50rec 370yds 5TDs

2004: (15 games)
1,163yds 4.5avg 9 TDs
40 rec 275yds 1 TD

That seems like a pretty good running back to me.

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Jump to: