packersplanet.com Forum Index -> Packers Talk- MOSTLY UNCENSORED -> Benson out

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Post Benson out
Dirty Sanchez
Formerly Known as Julie's Fuck Stick

Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:30 pm
Time to see what Green can do. Showed some flash on that one run, but he needs to be more consistent or MM will call downfield passes on every down. Good news is that Raji may be ready.

Cedric Benson out for Green Bay Packers this week

Green Bay Packers coach Mike McCarthy told reporters Monday that running back Cedric Benson won't play against the Houston Texans on Sunday after injuring his left foot in Sunday's 30-27 loss to the Indianapolis Colts.

Benson's foot was tucked away in a boot one day after Green Bay's third loss of the season, a defeat made worse by a rash of Packers injuries.

Along with Benson, tight end Jermichael Finley and nose tackle B.J. Raji left the field, a major disruption to Green Bay's game plan.

McCarthy said Finley will suit up and "has a chance" to play despite a shoulder injury. Raji left the game on a cart and was limping around afterward, but McCarthy said he also might be ready to go by Sunday.

The injury report will tell us more about Finley and Raji, but the loss of Benson is a troubling development for the Packers. The cupboard is bare behind him for a running attack that showed little promise before Benson was signed.

For a team widely considered a Super Bowl favorite, this has been a rocky opening act in Green Bay.

Pippen
Eurotrash Neo-Nazi
Eurotrash Neo-Nazi

Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:57 pm
Basically Benson is out for season. Don't get fooled. Holmes is said to have the same injury and is on IR.

FAN
Formerly Known as Fan59

Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:21 am
Pippen wrote:
Basically Benson is out for season. Don't get fooled. Holmes is said to have the same injury and is on IR.

It's very likely a career ender for Benson, he's 30, he wont be able to put any weight on this foot for at least 6 weeks, his leg will antropy, causing him to work very hard to build the leg back up, that will take another couple months if it ever comes back to pre injury status, he's done.

We'll see what Green and Starks can do now, not that impressed with either, maybe Ted will go shopping, He had a couple QB's in yesterday, and He'll probably have a few other positional players in for a look as well, maybe a RB will be brought in for a look, or a safety, we'll see.

Carl Gerbschmidt
Formerly Known As MNPackfan

Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:27 am
FAN wrote:
Pippen wrote:

It's very likely a career ender for Benson, he's 30, he wont be able to put any weight on this foot for at least 6 weeks, his leg will antropy, causing him to work very hard to build the leg back up, that will take another couple months if it ever comes back to pre injury status, he's done.

We'll see what Green and Starks can do now, not that impressed with either, maybe Ted will go shopping, He had a couple QB's in yesterday, and He'll probably have a few other positional players in for a look as well, maybe a RB will be brought in for a look, or a safety, we'll see.

I get so fucking excited to watch the next game when TT goes to garage sales for players.

packnut
2-Time Pro Bowler

Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:49 am
FAN wrote:
Pippen wrote:

One cannot help to wonder where this team would be had Thompson not fucked up and grabbed Lynch when the chance was there. Shoulds, woulda coulda.............

Dirty Sanchez

Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:29 am
If he has what I think he has, his career is over.

Bus Cook
Fucktard Hall of Famer
Fucktard Hall of Famer

Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:59 am
Will we be able to field a team? No RBs. Shit secondary. Half a LB squad. A shitty "great" oline.

Is the dynasty over?

Dirty Sanchez

Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:50 pm
Bus Cook wrote:
Will we be able to field a team? No RBs. Shit secondary. Half a LB squad. A shitty "great" oline.

Is the dynasty over?
Where this team goes all starts with next week. Put two good halfs together and they're 4-1 right now. And if they keep playing like they have shown they can, then good things will happen.

Bus Cook
Fucktard Hall of Famer
Fucktard Hall of Famer

Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:06 pm
Dirty Sanchez wrote:
Bus Cook wrote:

Is the dynasty over?
Where this team goes all starts with next week. Put two good halfs together and they're 4-1 right now. And if they keep playing like they have shown they can, then good things will happen.

and without fumbles and dropped passes, we are going for our third straight (not to be confused with TT sexual orientation) super bowl this year.

Pippen
Eurotrash Neo-Nazi
Eurotrash Neo-Nazi

Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:12 pm
We won the SB when Grant was out for season after game 1 and Benson made 3.5 yards per carry so far. So the sky is not falling here. If we beat Houston we'll be back, if not then it will be a crossroads game in STL.

Lord Football
Referee

Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:14 pm
James Starks is supposed to be healthy and we really don't know what we have in Alex Green. Isn't that the deal with zone blocking? We're supposed to be able to plug in the next man up and he's expected to perform.

We've seen Starks kick ass in the past

Bus Cook
Fucktard Hall of Famer
Fucktard Hall of Famer

Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:32 pm
Lord Football wrote:
James Starks is supposed to be healthy and we really don't know what we have in Alex Green. Isn't that the deal with zone blocking? We're supposed to be able to plug in the next man up and he's expected to perform.

We've seen Starks kick ass in the past

I thought we threw in the towel on zone blocking before last season. Please tell me I'm right.

BradyPopped-Inga
1st Ballot Hall of Famer

Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:34 pm
Bus Cook wrote:

Is the dynasty over?

Wo said anything about a dynasty and when did they say it?

Pippen
Eurotrash Neo-Nazi
Eurotrash Neo-Nazi

Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:27 pm
BradyPopped-Inga wrote:
Bus Cook wrote:

Is the dynasty over?

I think when u saw GB win the SB in 2011 without Finley & Grant and some others there were a lot of people who thought about a 3-peat. And if it wasn't for the Giants we might be the defending champ right now.... It just looks not good right now, that's all.

Bus Cook
Fucktard Hall of Famer
Fucktard Hall of Famer

Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:42 am
BradyPopped-Inga wrote:
Bus Cook wrote:

Is the dynasty over?

From march and our fearless TT cocksucking leader.

packnut wrote:
Gee wrong again, but what new? It's in your DNA. I did not say TT was inept. Unlike SOME of the clowns, I credit him when he is right and criticize when he is wrong. Teddy learned on the job which is why his first 3 or 4 years were hit or miss. Right now he is in the top 5 GM's in the game.

Now as far as Bush goes? I can't even debate that because you have no factual evidence to back up your point. However, on my side I would just say look at his volume of work and only a fool would dispute the facts.

Even when he played last season, how many times was he burned for huge plays? Now, may-be after all these years the switch has turned on. Hell, you have been known to be right ONCE in a while so anything is possible...........

a man with TT's cock in his mouth wrote:

Good to see that you're as stupid as ever, Packnut. Some things never change. Just ignore history and keep on chugging. Thompson was not "hit and miss" in his first few years. His personnel aquisitions during those years stand up well against ANYONE'S in the league. ANYONE'S.

While you were beating the drum for him to be fired, he was building a dynasty. You were just too stupid to realize it. He wasn't "learning on the job", either. He had over a decade of scouting experience and 6 years as a high level NFL executive before he took over as GM for the Packers. While you were calling for his firing, he was bringing in guys like McCarthy, Rodgers, Woodson, Jennings, and Collins.

Just because it took you 7 years to REALIZE that he's one of the top GMs in the game doesn't mean it took actually him that long to actually BE one of the top GMs in the game. He was voted NFL Executive of the Year by people much, much, much, much, much, much, MUCH, MUCH smarter than you in his third year. Did I mention that those people are MUCH smarter than you? Because I can't emphasize that enough.

Hit and miss? Hardly. He dismantled an aging, over the salary cap mess of a team and rebuilt it into a young perennial contender in great financial position and one snap away from the Super Bowl in his first three years. That's far from hit and miss. Replacing Brent Faver with a guy that's an IMPROVEMENT was unthinkable. He acquired the reigning NFL MVP before you probably even knew who Ted Thompson OR Aaron Rodgers was. The success the team has been having now is founded on his work during those years. The core of a Super Bowl winning team was assembled during those years.

Speaking of that Super Bowl, they probably wouldn't have won without our new starting CB, Jarrett Bush, beautifully picking off a pass thrown by a two time Super Bowl Champion QB to an elite WR, by the way.

Last edited by Bus Cook on Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:38 am; edited 1 time in total

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Jump to: