packersplanet.com Forum Index -> Packers Talk- MOSTLY UNCENSORED -> Packers offense explained

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Post Packers offense explained
Marano 20
Egotistical Assclown

Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:03 pm
Out route (sideline)
Comeback route (sideline)
Aaron Rodgers run
Back shoulder pass (sideline)

We no longer do slants or anything cutting across the middle. I don't think Rodgers has thrown a 1v1 deep pass in 5 games. When we do have Cobb cut across the middle its automatic yards.

Fuck this offense is annoying. Use the entire field, not just the sidelines.

There can be no yards after the catch when you're catching it a foot from the sidelines.

Lord Football
Referee

Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:13 pm
Remember when the Packers were actually awesome at that back shoulder catch on the sidelines? What an amazing play that doesn't work anymore.

How about Rodgers being able to hit someone 20 yards+ down the field?

How about Finley with 17 drops in 20 games?

Dirty Sanchez
Formerly Known as Julie's Fuck Stick

Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:17 pm
And if the no huddle works so well, why abandon it?

SoTxPhil
Pro Bowler- Starter

Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:52 pm
MM had his head up his ass with his play calling today in the second half. I agree with the previous poster that all he and AR want to throw is sideline passes and he can't seem to ever hit a long ball this yr, every one is overthrown by a couple ft. With a speedy and shifty WR/RB why not use him coming out of the slot or backfield for an over the middle pass or shovel pass. Every time we tried one of these passes Cobb got big yardage and a TD once. We never just dump it to the RB coming out over the middle or a flare. Today MM kept trying to run wide against 2 fast DEs which buried our RB. AR is holding onto the ball in the pocket too long and can't decide to run soon enough and gets sacked or tackled for a 2 yd gain, he can throw it away. Finley is undependable at catching the ball, so why throw it to him on 3rd and short. Last yr he was sprinting down the middle of the field for 20-30 yd gains, what happened to those plays. Even his backup made a couple nice gains in the first half, then disappeared. I had a feeling the Colts were going to be in this game because of their coach's illness, but I didn't think the refs would screw GB so blatantly on a couple game changing plays. I guess that after game locker room ball ceremony would have sucked for the NFL if the Colts would have lost.

glorydays
2-Time Pro Bowler

Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:41 am
AR cant get into a rhythm because of the playcalling. MM want to go for the big play on every passing down. Thats the only thing he seems committed to.

Dirty Sanchez

Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:05 am
glorydays wrote:
AR cant get into a rhythm because of the playcalling. MM want to go for the big play on every passing down. Thats the only thing he seems committed to.
AR does best with a fast paced no huddle offense where he's able to read the mismatches that result when the defense doesn't have enough time to substitute. It worked every time. It only stalls when the opposing team calls a timeout or MM slows it down.

Post Re: Packers offense explained
Dirty Sanchez

Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:58 am
Marano 20 wrote:
Out route (sideline)
Comeback route (sideline)
Aaron Rodgers run
Back shoulder pass (sideline)

We no longer do slants or anything cutting across the middle. I don't think Rodgers has thrown a 1v1 deep pass in 5 games. When we do have Cobb cut across the middle its automatic yards.

Fuck this offense is annoying. Use the entire field, not just the sidelines.

There can be no yards after the catch when you're catching it a foot from the sidelines.
you forgot bubble screen (sideline)

SoTxPhil
Pro Bowler- Starter

Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:09 pm
It is frustrating to me that MM refuses to attack the middle of the field, like he's afraid of someone absorbing a hard hit. We have the players that supposedly have the speed and moves to make some good yardage in this area, Cobb, Finley, Green, or even Saine(who never gets to play on offense this yr???). Last yr Saine was excellent coming out of the backfield because of his speed and sure hands. This yr MM wants to run stretch plays with his RBs who get zilch behind this crappy Oline. MM never wants to have a called rollout by AR for a long downfield throw, only overthows down the sidelines from the pocket. None of the writers seem to want to talk about this subj, just how well the Colts played or our DBs sucked, it's all on MM's play selection(back to 2008-09)and the way AR is being used. I don't understand why MM or the GM can't seem what is wrong if alot of the fans can see it. It's a waste of talent.

Bus Cook
Fucktard Hall of Famer
Fucktard Hall of Famer

Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:29 pm
SoTxPhil wrote:
RBs who get zilch behind this crappy Oline.

We have three GREAT linemen on this line.

SoTxPhil wrote:
I don't understand why MM or the GM can't seem what is wrong if alot of the fans can see it.

This is a bannable offense. NO NOT question our coaching or GM. Its not what a fan does.

Dirty Sanchez

Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:11 pm
The line was doing just fine when we played a balanced offense. It wasn't until MM decided to go back to the play calling that he used in the first half of the Seattle game that everything started to go to shit. I don't care who is blocking. When the defense knows exactly what you are going to do, they will stop you.

Bus Cook
Fucktard Hall of Famer
Fucktard Hall of Famer

Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:03 pm
Dirty Sanchez wrote:
The line was doing just fine when we played a balanced offense. It wasn't until MM decided to go back to the play calling that he used in the first half of the Seattle game that everything started to go to shit. I don't care who is blocking. When the defense knows exactly what you are going to do, they will stop you.

AR is getting a lot of pressure considering that this is a great line. The pressure just yells for draws and screens but what do I know? I'm just a fan.

wuollebear
Pro Bowler- Reserve

Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:18 pm
Was losing Phiibin that big of a factor? This offense looked off since game 1 of the pre season

Dirty Sanchez

Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:33 pm
wuollebear wrote:
Was losing Phiibin that big of a factor? This offense looked off since game 1 of the pre season
That or the QB coach. Really can't figure out what is wrong. The same key players that lit up the scoreboard last year are sucking ass this year. If it is the coaches, then they need to be taken to task. If it's the players, then bench them and put someone else in who wants to play.

For the sake of shaking things up a little, how about activating Boykin next week and declaring Driver inactive?

Lord Football
Referee

Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:08 pm
Dirty Sanchez wrote:
wuollebear wrote:
That or the QB coach. Really can't figure out what is wrong. The same key players that lit up the scoreboard last year are sucking ass this year. If it is the coaches, then they need to be taken to task. If it's the players, then bench them and put someone else in who wants to play.

For the sake of shaking things up a little, how about activating Boykin next week and declaring Driver inactive?

That's insane, DD won dancing with the gays, the man can do no wrong. Rolling Eyes

I agree thou, it's time to move on from DD and see what's up with Boykin. Same with Finley, let him rest his vag and give Williams or whatever TE a chance at the #1 spot.

The main differences between this year and last are Philbin and Rodger's QB coach. That must be having an impact. Maybe MM needed Philbin and it's starting to show. The other main missing piece is Wells. GB was never going to be able to afford him at $7mil a year but I'm starting to think that
Saturday is a washed up bum

Lord Football
Referee

Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:12 pm
wuollebear wrote:

I listened to the MM day after press conference and he said that the offense has not found it's rhythm at all this year including the preseason.

I guess that's stating the obvious but its on double M to figure this thing out

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Jump to: