packersplanet.com Forum Index -> Packers Talk- MOSTLY UNCENSORED -> To have CM3 on this defense and still suck this badly.

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Post To have CM3 on this defense and still suck this badly.
Bus Cook
Fucktard Hall of Famer
Fucktard Hall of Famer

Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:01 am
Even a few of the other D players are decent to good. The coaching HAS to be complete shit. There are MANY teams that have ONE great player that have played better D than us. Of course with Hawk going to the pro bowl and Woodson not missing beat, there is no way that we should be this shitty. Looking at past performance and subjective ratings:

Dline interior B+
Dline outside C
Outside LBs A
Inside LBs C-
Corners C
Safeties C

How does this add up to a solid D?

Post Re: To have CM3 on this defense and still suck this badly.
get louder at lambeau
Commissioner

Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:13 am
Bus Cook wrote:
Even a few of the other D players are decent to good. The coaching HAS to be complete shit. There are MANY teams that have ONE great player that have played better D than us. Of course with Hawk going to the pro bowl and Woodson not missing beat, there is no way that we should be this shitty. Looking at past performance and subjective ratings:

Dline interior B+
Dline outside C
Outside LBs A
Inside LBs C-
Corners C
Safeties C

Because you're kinda dumb and you can't add, Bus. Sad

The Packers D is currently #9 in points, #9 in yards, and #4 in sacks. Where do you get a D? Does D for Drew Brees?

Post Re: To have CM3 on this defense and still suck this badly.
Bus Cook
Fucktard Hall of Famer
Fucktard Hall of Famer

Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:28 am
get louder at lambeau wrote:
Bus Cook wrote:

Dline interior B+
Dline outside C
Outside LBs A
Inside LBs C-
Corners C
Safeties C

Because you're kinda dumb and you can't add, Bus. Sad

The Packers D is currently #9 in points, #9 in yards, and #4 in sacks. Where do you get a D? Does D for Drew Brees?

This from the guy that had our D at #1 last year, based on turnovers and dental hygene. And lets not forget. AJ Hawk have a pro bowl year so far.

get louder at lambeau
Commissioner

Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:26 am
Let me break this down s l o w l y for you, Bus.

Our D gave up 27 points to the Saints O, who put up the 4th most points of any team in NFL history last year, and is lead by a $100 million Hall of Fame QB. They haven't been quite as good so far this year, losing their HC, but they haven't dropped off much on O, and return all the same basic guys.

The refs didn't help our D at all. The final FG attempt(s) shouldn't have even happened after Sproles' fumble, there was an uncalled blatant push off on a TD, and a 3rd down catch that should have been ruled incomplete lead to a FG.

Deflecting? Excuses? Need to blame someone on the D? I'd suggest Sam Shields. Horrible game by Mr. Shields, especially the 80 yard TD he gave up where he didn't cover the guy at all and then missed the tackle after chasing him down 60 yards later. He gave up some other catches on top of that one. Benchable performance, IMO. Blame Shields.

So, that's our D vs. the Saints O. How about the other side of the coin?

The Siants D is widely considered one of the worst in the game, a total mess in wake of the Bounty Gate scandal- #29 in points, #32 in yards surrendered.

Our juggernaut offense needed the STs to convert a fake punt for them to score 28 points at Lambeau. Washington scored 40 against them, Carolina 35, and KC scored 27.

So, who gets the lower grade? The defense that allowed 27 to one of the higher powered offenses we'll see this year (partially because of bad officiating), or the O that had two turnovers and put up 28 against a really, really bad defense?

BradyPopped-Inga
1st Ballot Hall of Famer

Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:45 am
I blame it on Ted Thompson for shipping ferp's locker to the plantation in 2008. It's been all downhill for the Packers since that selfish act. And, don't forget that Ted's sexual orientation is a major factor, as well.

Bus Cook
Fucktard Hall of Famer
Fucktard Hall of Famer

Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:47 am
Let me break this down s l o w l y for you, Bus.

Our D gave up 27 points to the Saints O, who put up the 4th most points of any team in NFL history last year, and is lead by a $100 million Hall of Fame QB. They haven't been quite as good so far this year, losing their HC, but they haven't dropped off much on O, and return all the same basic guys.

The refs didn't help our D at all. The final FG attempt(s) shouldn't have even happened after Sproles' fumble, there was an uncalled blatant push off on a TD, and a 3rd down catch that should have been ruled incomplete lead to a FG.

Deflecting? Excuses? Need to blame someone on the D? I'd suggest Sam Shields. Horrible game by Mr. Shields, especially the 80 yard TD he gave up where he didn't cover the guy at all and then missed the tackle after chasing him down 60 yards later. He gave up some other catches on top of that one. Benchable performance, IMO. Blame Shields.

So, that's our D vs. the Saints O. How about the other side of the coin?

The Siants D is widely considered one of the worst in the game, a total mess in wake of the Bounty Gate scandal- #29 in points, #32 in yards surrendered.

Our juggernaut offense needed the STs to convert a fake punt for them to score 28 points at Lambeau. Washington scored 40 against them, Carolina 35, and KC scored 27.

So, who gets the lower grade? The defense that allowed 27 to one of the higher powered offenses we'll see this year (partially because of bad officiating), or the O that had two turnovers and put up 28 against a really, really bad defense?

And in 1989 the Saints had the four best LBs in the NFL.

In 2012 they are 0-4. And since you think that last year means shit this year, the jaugernauts that the Aints lost to are the 7-9 Chiefs, 6-10 panthers and the 5-11 Skins.

Really you have to take the cock out of your mouth.

get louder at lambeau
Commissioner

Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:25 pm
Bus Cook wrote:
In 2012 they are 0-4. And since you think that last year means shit this year, the jaugernauts that the Aints lost to are the 7-9 Chiefs, 6-10 panthers and the 5-11 Skins.

And they lost those games more because of their DEFENSE sucking than their offense, Bus. Their offense is top 10 in both points and yards this year. Their D is bottom 4 in both points and yards this year.

Maybe this video will help-

Link

Bus Cook
Fucktard Hall of Famer
Fucktard Hall of Famer

Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:36 pm
Bus Cook wrote:

And they lost those games more because of their DEFENSE sucking than their offense, Bus. Their offense is top 10 in both points and yards this year. Their D is bottom 4 in both points and yards this year.

Maybe this video will help-

Link

And we lost our only playoff game last year because of fumbles and dropped passes. Somehow they still called it a loss. But I do agree with you. New Orleans is the best 0-4 team in the NFL. Better statts than any other winless team.

tommygunn
2-Time Pro Bowler

Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:03 pm
Bus . "

Dirty Sanchez
Formerly Known as Julie's Fuck Stick

Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:41 pm
Our Defense would be even better if we scrap the 3 man rush and learn to play zone. As for the offense? Maybe get Aaron a real QB coach.

SoTxPhil
Pro Bowler- Starter

Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:31 pm
D Sanchez, you hit the nail on the head, Capers needs to drop that 3 man rush and 8 in the secondary on long yardage. Especially, against a great QB like Brees, with all day to throw the ball he will always find someboy 15-20 yds downfield for the first down. NO and even Smitth for SF proved it over and over again and really cost us the game and should have Sun. Don't the coaches ever watch the tape of the games??? When it is so obvious to the TV fans that alignment means an automatic first down or a TD sometimes on hail marys. They limited B. Marshall to one catch by bracketing him, but let Colston run all over the field by himself. GB might be better off just playing man to man because our safeties just seem to react slow and just stand around until after the catch is made. Why do they never try and hit the TEs on the LOS instead of just letting them run free. They did handle Sprouls pretty well compared to last yrs' game. CM looked like a pinata being hit from one lineman to another, but kept trying hard-what was everyone else doing??? Where is that ILB blitz that killed Cutler a couple times?

wuollebear
Pro Bowler- Reserve

Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:49 pm
The so called "dollar" defense is about all its worth, however I have been bitching about this defense since last season. I was very happy the first 3 games, so Dom Delouise decides to rush 3. Ok, so why in the fuck was Moore, Colston and Graham wide open for 20+ yards every 3rd down. I cant figure out if its the players not on their spots or coaching. Apparently, Nick Collins was that valuable, cux I just dont see a leader in the secondary, albiet decent talent. Andrew Luck will probably shread our stellar D for another 300+

BradyPopped-Inga
1st Ballot Hall of Famer

Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:00 pm
wuollebear wrote:
The so called "dollar" defense is about all its worth, however I have been bitching about this defense since last season. I was very happy the first 3 games, so Dom Delouise decides to rush 3. Ok, so why in the fuck was Moore, Colston and Graham wide open for 20+ yards every 3rd down. I cant figure out if its the players not on their spots or coaching. Apparently, Nick Collins was that valuable, cux I just dont see a leader in the secondary, albiet decent talent. Andrew Luck will probably shread our stellar D for another 300+

Rushing 3 and playing a soft zone with players better suited to man. Shields blew a few. Plus, they are forced to play with only ten defenders (and at least one highly paid guy running around in circles) half the time. It's dysfunctional and not all Capers' fault. Also, as bad as the Saints are this year they still have one of the best passing attacks in the NFL.

Last edited by BradyPopped-Inga on Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

Dirty Sanchez
Formerly Known as Julie's Fuck Stick

Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:02 pm
wuollebear wrote:
Both MM and Dom are slow to make adjustments, Seattle game being a prime example. If things aren't working, why wait until halftime to change the gameplan? The idea is to poke and prod, determine what works, and attack their weaknesses. Sometimes this doesn't happen until it's too late.

wuollebear
Pro Bowler- Reserve

Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:06 pm
wuollebear wrote:
The so called "dollar" defense is about all its worth. Apparently, Nick Collins was that valuable, cux I just dont see a leader in the secondary, albiet decent talent. Andrew Luck will probably shread our stellar D for another 300+

I never quote myself, but I hate being right sometimes

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Jump to: