packersplanet.com Forum Index -> Packers Talk- MOSTLY UNCENSORED -> Why the Pack will beat Houston

Post Why the Pack will beat Houston
Lord Football
Referee

Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:37 pm
http://bleacherreport.com/arti.....the-texans

Quote:
The emotional edge in this game will be with the Packers, who once again like Weeks 2 and 4 will be facing a "must win" in Houston. Over the last few seasons the Packers have been great in these types of games.

In 2011, they didn't play in one "must-win" game; but the year before that (2010) the Packers ripped off six wins in a row, including four straight on the road in the playoffs, winning Super Bowl XLV. This team has a tremendous amount of pride and grit, and to start off this season 2-4 is unthinkable.

Why the Packers will win:

Like I previously said, the emotion is on their side and it's a powerful and underrated thing. The Packers lost Cedric Benson for the next two months, and to replace him they will ride second-year Hawaii product Alex Green.

Green will get the majority of the carries, but also look for James Starks to get some carries. The Packers, unlike most teams against Houston this year, will have success running the ball.

Since the 2011 season, the Packers are 2-8 when they throw the ball more than 70 percent of the time on offense. Coach Mike McCarthy will come out and attempt to run the ball, and he will be successful. They will have to be well-balanced in order to be effective against the Houston defense.

Aaron Rodgers will have his best game of the season. Houston has a very good defense; however, they are vulnerable in the secondary, especially at the safety position. Danieal Manning and Glover Quin control "center field" for the Texans defense.

Last week against the Jets they gave up a number of big plays, including a 27-yard touchdown strike down the seam to Jets tight end Jeff Cumberland. If Sanchez was able to take advantage of the secondary at times, then Rodgers should have a lot of success through the air.

The Packers defense has taken a lot of criticism this week for their poor second-half performance against the Colts. They gave up 27 second-half points to Andrew Luck and the Colts offense.

They also couldn't stop Reggie Wayne as he had a career day with over over 200 yards receiving. This week it doesn't get easier as they will have to contain Andre Johnson. Packers corner Tramon Williams has been good against receivers like Johnson in the past. Williams and the Packers secondary will play better and Williams will hold Johnson under 100 yards.

The Packers find themselves in a familiar situation, facing a must win in Houston. Like they have done in the past, look for the Packers to bounce back and prove to the nation that this team has a lot of fight left in them.

I predict he Packers win a thriller over the Texans 30-28, as Crosby exorcises his demons and early season difficulties hitting the game-winner as time expires.

Pippen
Eurotrash Neo-Nazi
Eurotrash Neo-Nazi

Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:58 pm
I don't think it's a must win game, but I think it's a game of importance like the one against the Vikings @Lambeau in 2010 when they looked pedestrian just like now. I think MM has to do what he did in 07: go slant. That would help AR, his OL and the RB corps.

Take away Seattle and give them just a normal 2nd half in Indy and they'd be 4-1 now, ruling the NFC, silencing tards like Bus. That should make one optimistic.

Dirty Sanchez
Formerly Known as Julie's Fuck Stick

Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:49 pm
Pippen wrote:
I don't think it's a must win game, but I think it's a game of importance like the one against the Vikings @Lambeau in 2010 when they looked pedestrian just like now. I think MM has to do what he did in 07: go slant. That would help AR, his OL and the RB corps.

Take away Seattle and give them just a normal 2nd half in Indy and they'd be 4-1 now, ruling the NFC, silencing tards like Bus. That should make one optimistic.
Agree with all of this. Whether MM listens to us or not remains to be seen. His play calling lately is 2007ish.

One thing about Houston is that although they are undefeated, they have not beaten anyone of substance. They are ripe for an "upset". even at home. If the pack brings it's A game and not the first half of the Seattle game or the second half of the Indy game, they win this one.

Post Re: Why the Pack will beat Houston
Carl Gerbschmidt
Formerly Known As MNPackfan

Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:34 pm
I predict he Packers win a thriller over the Texans 30-28, as Crosby exorcises his demons and early season difficulties hitting the game-winner as time expires. [/quote][/quote]

If you are looking forward to Missing winning the game for the Packers you are fucked as can be. I will drive to Milwaukee tonight to smoke the optimistic weed you seem to have found. Rolling eyes

Bus Cook
Fucktard Hall of Famer
Fucktard Hall of Famer

Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:25 am
I see this being a shootout. Missing will have no bearing on this outcome. McCrappy will have another bad game that will be largely covered by AR having a good game. On the road, against Houston, not real confident about this one.

Carl Gerbschmidt
Formerly Known As MNPackfan

Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:23 am
Vegas has the spread at 3.5 and the OU at 47.5 If I were to wager I would put $100 on the Texans just to make the game less painful to watch.

Walty
Perennial Pro Bowler

Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:38 am
I DO NOT think we will be able to get the running game going. Green is not an every down back and Starks was a flash in the pan of a team winning games on pure emotion in 2010.

We'll have to pass to move the ball at all. MM will try to keep a balance but will have to move away from it in the second half.

Arod plays no worse, but also no better than he has played all season, and that means the Packers lose. With that, we're stuck needing a miraculous turn around AND help from other teams to even sniff the playoffs.

Jump to: