packersplanet.com Forum Index -> Packers Talk- MOSTLY UNCENSORED -> Blessing in disguise

Post Blessing in disguise
Marano 20
Egotistical Assclown

Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:29 pm
I've been saying it in the Live Chat that Benson has been the downfall of this offense. Though it sucks that he's injured because he has been solid coming out of the backfield, I believe the offense is finally going to pick their shit up. The burden now falls on Rodgers and the passing game.

MM no longer feels comfortable with any RBs so we'll see more 4 WR sets and quick passes. We will now pass on 1st and 2nd instead of running both downs and throwing an incomplete.

All the constant passing will get Rodgers into a rhythm.

We beat the Texans next week on Sunday Night (minus Brian Cushing) and put a spark in the team and fan base.

Ya gotta believe

Bus Cook
Fucktard Hall of Famer
Fucktard Hall of Famer

Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:34 pm
Classic addition by subtraction. It makes so much sense. I can only imagine how good our defense would become if Aaron went down. They would all rally around the loss.

BradyPopped-Inga
1st Ballot Hall of Famer

Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:39 pm
Bus Cook wrote:
Classic addition by subtraction. It makes so much sense. I can only imagine how good our defense would become if Aaron went down. They would all rally around the loss.

If you're talking Aaron James Hawk I doubt they'd notice the absence. You know, comparing positional losses. That could be the addition by subtraction you mentioned, Bus.

Walty
Perennial Pro Bowler

Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:26 am
We need to move closer to what we did in 2007. If Benson going down can contribute to that then, at the very least, our passing game should be able to pick up a few pieces this week.

That being said, who knows if MM will make the necessary adjustments.

wuollebear
Pro Bowler- Reserve

Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:33 am
Sorry, but I disagree on losing Benson. Was it Ced's fault that AR is off on his passes? Or the Drops by Fin and Jordy? Not even close, it was nice to have a bit of a balance. If our starting backfield consists of Green and Starks, the Texan defense will be drooling. What happened to Saine?, he was pretty good catching screen passes and if we beat the Tezans, thats exactly what we will need to do.

Walty
Perennial Pro Bowler

Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:25 am
wuollebear wrote:
Sorry, but I disagree on losing Benson. Was it Ced's fault that AR is off on his passes? Or the Drops by Fin and Jordy? Not even close, it was nice to have a bit of a balance. If our starting backfield consists of Green and Starks, the Texan defense will be drooling. What happened to Saine?, he was pretty good catching screen passes and if we beat the Tezans, thats exactly what we will need to do.

Agreed here.

I think we're about to see how little we're going to get from a run game without Benson. Get ready for those 40 yard rushing games like we saw in early to mid 2010.

Jump to: